General Category > [Archive] Chaos Corona for ARCHICAD

[Survey] Corona Proxy and .obj importer

(1/3) > >>

alexhajdu:
Hello everyone!

I'd like to open the discussion about proxies. I feel there is slight misunderstanding and misuse of proxy objects usage in AC right now.
Let's sum it up.

Proxy object ( current implementation )
The current proxy is a GDL object to help to bring custom geometry into AC from a file (like .obj or .cgeo).

Corona proxy ( NOT implemented yet )
Proxies are useful for keeping smooth viewport performance while handling large amounts of high-poly objects in the scene.
This is not implemented in the Corona for AC now - you can't select the geometry and save it as a .cgeo right now.
More info: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516724-how-to-use-proxies-

Conclusion
What we want to do first, is fully implement Corona Proxy (save and load)
Making .obj importer as a separate GDL object is questionable - it's worth it and should we spend the time on this or rather on another more important functionality?

To keep the discussion rolling, will be obj. loading GDL object a useful feature? Is this a used and trusted way how to bring objects into AC? It's not better to use the objects from some well-prepared library? It's another way how to bring custom geometry into AC(plugin)?

Thanks for your feedback!

Ole:
The basic functionalty I would like from a proxy object is simple plan and 3d preview of trees, with full details when rendered. In Vray for Max/Rhino we use a library of vrscenes to add vegetation to our scenes and something similar would be great in Archicad. If we have to make our proxies in Max that is no issue for us. Having the ability to not get the actual materials from the proxy into our AC files would also be nice. There is enough attributes in the files as it is.

Ole

tma:
Reading this post, the "corona proxy" would be better.

alexhajdu:

--- Quote from: Ole on 2019-11-21, 12:17:40 ---The basic functionalty I would like from a proxy object is simple plan and 3d preview of trees, with full details when rendered. In Vray for Max/Rhino we use a library of vrscenes to add vegetation to our scenes and something similar would be great in Archicad. If we have to make our proxies in Max that is no issue for us. Having the ability to not get the actual materials from the proxy into our AC files would also be nice. There is enough attributes in the files as it is.

Ole

--- End quote ---

Yes, as I said, there is a problem with the proxy word, because everyone is explaining it differently :) From the Corona side - Corona Proxy is here to help the editor handling high-poly objects in the scene. What you want here is, however, an object importer, because AC is not providing a good way of importing custom geometry except for the libraries => prepare in Max and bring to AC.

If I understand it correctly, if you import your objects as a geometry, it's missing all visual information for another important views, like documentation, Ground Floor etc, right? Objects in prepared libraries (gdl) have all this information prepared by the creators and therefore are much suitable. If you import your custom objects, what are they??

rozky:
I think it is possible to create hi-quality interior visualization by Corona.
But it is not possible to create hi-quality exterior visualization. The problem is the environment - a lot of objects and RAM usage.

for me, corona proxy is more important.
Combo: Corona proxy - Randomization materials - Corona scatter will be great
btw : Is the corona proxy virtual object (low memory eater)?

Thank you.
Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version