Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Color scheme map plugin

(1/4) > >>

srikken:
Hi everybody,

I work for a company that uses multiple color scheme's for products, like the RAL Palette.
Sigerstudio used to have a free RAL Color plugin for 3DS Max, witch I still use a lot, where you have a map for in the diffuse slot where you can choose witch color you want and it uses that RGB Code, see attachment.

Now is my question: does somebody know a way to create something like that, on your own, but with different color schemes?

:)

Frood:
What about just using material libraries? And that RAL color Plugin - is it sill available? I could not find it.

Also interesting: http://www.daveandgoliath.com/paint-pot-3dsmax-database-of-paint-codes/ not user extendable though (and I could not get it run properly here with max2016 for some reason)

Good Luck

alexyork:
That RAL plugin looks quite useful.

srikken:
Mm the thing with material library's is that if your need to change 1 value you're fucked... especially when you have 100+ color options

The paint plugin looks interesting, will look into that, but for what I see now you can't put in your own colors.

And for the RAL Plugin, you can't download it anymore. But I have it attached :)
''Extract the downloaded archive RAL_ColorSolid.zip to maxroot\scripts\startup\
Restart 3ds Max and now the new texture map plugin RAL Color Solid is available.''

IF YOU ARE THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THE RAL_COLORSOLID PLUGIN AND YOU DON'T WANT YOUR PLUGIN TO BE DOWNLOADABLE, PLEAS SAY SO. I WILL PUT IT OFFLINE.

Frood:

--- Quote from: srikken on 2016-11-28, 12:30:44 ---Mm the thing with material library's is that if your need to change 1 value you're fucked... especially when you have 100+ color options

--- End quote ---

What do you mean exactly here? Pull from matlib, change item, delete old item, put to matlib should do it? But yes, it´s more comfortable to do such things by editing some xml :)

--- Quote from: srikken on 2016-11-28, 12:30:44 ---And for the RAL Plugin, you can't download it anymore. But I have it attached :)

--- End quote ---

Ah, thx. I´m just curious which rgb values are used there in comparison.

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version