General Category > [Archive] Chaos Corona for Sketchup

Material Editor Suggestions

<< < (2/17) > >>

spadestick:
Need to have :
Simplicity, all in one box. less is more.
Alpha is automatic with PNG textures.
Displacement Mapping
Volumetric material : Plasma, cloud, fog (there is actually a Fog function in Sketchup, would be good to work with it).
Material Preview

Nice to Have :
Skatter Mapping through assigned textures... eg... grass texture, equivalent becomes skattered real displaced grass or fur.
Real World descriptions instead of just vague numbered values.

examples of real world descriptions for reflectivity :
0% <- dull(raw, hewn), satin (brushed, honed, flat), semi-gloss (lacquer), gloss (polished), chrome, mirror -> 100%

examples of real world descriptions for bump / displacement level :
working with the units : ie. nm, mm, cm, m.
invert tick box.

examples of real world descriptions for opacity (affects opacity in Sketchup's native levels) : 0% <- air, clear water (bump map required), clear glass, tinted glass, frosted glass (entering into SSS territory), wax, skin, full opaque  -> 100%

IOR / refraction : Thin glass (windows), thick glass, water, plastic, diamond.

Emmissivity : Lumens based on a certain average size of an emmissive material ie. 10mm x 10mm  <- glowworm, phosphorous strips, burning bbq coals, naked flame, fluorescent, incandescent 40W, halogen 50w, halogen 100w, halogen 200W, sodium street lamp, 400W flood lamp, lighthouse lamp, sunlight ->. and colour temperature in terms of Kelvins. adding a filter can affect the colour.

Ang:
I agree with what spadestick says.
For me is very important work with the skectchup native paint bucket material system. I use it to  texturing and scale the materials, it´s very easy to use. Later when I have the textures on the faces of the objects y use to open the vray material menu and I apply reflections, bumps, displacements, etc. This is my workflow and earn me a lot of time.
I would like first to implement in the material editor, material preview, reflections, refraction, bump and displacement. And it´s important the channel alpha and the material ID like vray.
Cheers!

cosbu:
Good luck with the plugin! As sketchup is more about architecture and simplicity, the material editor could focus on that. I suggest that the materials' UV maps should link with those from the parent materials (but an option to unlink should be useful too). For me it's important also the diffuse,bump, specular and all other maps to be easily linked so when you rescale diffuse, the others to follow. I'd also like displacement to be easily handled, like a bump map. That is because it can add a lot quality to an image with little effort and that's really great for architecture

henyaoi:
Hello, everybody. This is my first post here. I'm not a Corona user yet, but I model and render interiors a lot with SketchUp and SU Podium. And I'm very curious to try Corona for SketchUp:) So, here's the features I'd like to see in material settings.
Need to have: thick glass, thin (single sided) glass, thin (single sided) sss, bump map, normal map, reflectance map, reflection blur setting, metals, emissive materials and something for fabrics (like silk and velvet).
Nice to have: displacement, sss, layered materials, anisotropy and others.

Ithil:
I would like to be analogues of procedural textures 3D max

Composite, Vertex Color, Dirt. Mix, Noise, Splat...
I really like to use procedural textures.

And big minus v-ray in SketchUp - is not possible to copy texture from one slot to another. Each slot has to configure from scratch.

If the corona-renderer can copy the texture and setting it will be a huge blow to the v-ray.
If possible, add a node editor it would be really cool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version