General Category > [Archive] Chaos Corona for Sketchup

First test renders on Sketchup

<< < (2/32) > >>

Ang:
Hi to all, first test, I´m very excited!!
It´s incredible to have corona in sketchup. Its not as far as corona alpha in 3DMAX but this promises.
Skatter doesn´t work on my sketchup 2015 with corona, I will try again.
I have had problem with textures because corona doesn´t recognize some textures and change the dimensions of these
And with large files sketchup has closed. Files over 200Mb.

spadestick:
Whoa that's a huge scene. Have you tried the clean up tool by thomthom?
With regards to dimensions of textures, I never scale any of my objects unless I know that is it a solid flat colour. Scales must be reset or the textures will stretch with them. Also you'll probably need to edit the component and mass paint component down to the faces or the textures won't register. I keep all my textures under 640pixels and currently as jpegs unless PNG is required for transparent textures, so that the file size remains small.

Ryuu:

--- Quote from: Angel G on 2015-12-09, 17:00:56 ---Skatter doesn´t work on my sketchup 2015 with corona, I will try again.
--- End quote ---

Works for me in SketchUp 2015 (I didn't test it in 2016 though). If you could send me some test scene, I'll try to find the problem.

--- Quote from: Angel G on 2015-12-09, 17:00:56 ---I have had problem with textures because corona doesn´t recognize some textures and change the dimensions of these
--- End quote ---

This is a known bug. For some objects the texture is scaled down. I haven't been able to resolve this issue yet, unfortunately. But as a work around, you can explode the group with incorrect texture and then recreate it again. This fixes the problem (at least it did for me on each occasion I encountered this issue).

--- Quote from: Angel G on 2015-12-09, 17:00:56 ---And with large files sketchup has closed. Files over 200Mb.
--- End quote ---

The largest SketchUp file I have seen yet is around 20 MB. If you were willing to share such scenes with us, that would be great for our internal performance and stability testing.

Ang:
Hi Spadestick I have used clean up but it´s too slow with big scenes and I don´t usually use it.
Hi Ryun, I will send you a test scene with scatter. Respect the textures I will try to explode the group and recreate it.
Yes, of course I can share with you a scene to test it. One more thing: with heavy scenes when I run corona sometimes sketchup has been closed.
One question, where I can share you the scene?

This week I will do some test, I haven´t had enough time yet.
Cheers

Ryuu:

--- Quote from: Angel G on 2015-12-13, 23:45:21 ---One question, where I can share you the scene?
--- End quote ---

You can use this private uploader to share data with us: https://corona-renderer.com/upload/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version