Author Topic: A Short Film  (Read 6585 times)

2019-04-13, 20:42:36

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Corona!!
A Short Film is  a full 3D HD Animation showing  Minimalist architecture.
The most challenging part was to give colour to the view.
Cement is quite a difficult material due to it being colourless and it was the bet so I chose to play with the lighting a bit to give it a minimal aesthetic.
I didn’t use default lighting sun lights etc..only one HdRI cause I wanted to be precise with the shadows and rendition.

Best Regards
Aris

The software i used.

Modeling : 3ds max
Texturing : photoshop
Render: corona Render
Postproduction: AE+PR

https://vimeo.com/330231701

A1 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A1b by Nox3D, on Flickr
A3 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A2 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A4 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A5 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A6 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A7 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A7b_00000 by Nox3D, on Flickr
A8 by Nox3D, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 2019-04-13, 22:37:20 by Nox3d »

2019-04-15, 12:20:42
Reply #1

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow.
congratulations.
great job

2019-04-15, 12:53:19
Reply #2

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Very much gpz..:)

2019-04-15, 18:15:30
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
So you used an animated HDRi then :- ) ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-04-15, 19:58:47
Reply #4

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes:):)

2019-04-20, 12:44:45
Reply #5

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Looks very nice but im kinda having problem to enjoy Roman`s knockoffs. No offens tho.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2019-04-20, 19:58:01
Reply #6

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Looks very nice but im kinda having problem to enjoy Roman`s knockoffs. No offens tho.

+1

2019-04-21, 10:01:21
Reply #7

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you michaltmko!!!

2019-04-21, 10:02:20
Reply #8

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1

:) :)!!

2019-04-21, 12:23:42
Reply #9

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What a backhanded slap that ‘Roman’ comment. While the aesthetic here is definitely reminiscent of his film, I also have to admit I had that ‘look’ in my head for a good few years before moving on to different stuff.

I liked this short but found it to be way too short, like a teaser trailer of something much larger. So you could expand it way more with more views of the building to appreciate the space itself, like starting with the detail shots and then moving on to the more general views.
I also like the fact that you’re giving the animation movement not only with camera movements but also changes in the light. You could also add to that with vegetation, leaves clouds and stuff, all in motion.

2019-04-21, 14:06:15
Reply #10

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What a backhanded slap that ‘Roman’ comment. While the aesthetic here is definitely reminiscent of his film, I also have to admit I had that ‘look’ in my head for a good few years before moving on to different stuff.

I liked this short but found it to be way too short, like a teaser trailer of something much larger. So you could expand it way more with more views of the building to appreciate the space itself, like starting with the detail shots and then moving on to the more general views.
I also like the fact that you’re giving the animation movement not only with camera movements but also changes in the light. You could also add to that with vegetation, leaves clouds and stuff, all in motion.

Thank you man!!;)

2019-04-21, 15:05:35
Reply #11

ATAYIA

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you man!!;)

I believe it’s time for me to make a few things known guys.
I’ve seen a lot of 3D with with similar aesthetic, per example MIR
So what? Why is that bad?
Congratulations for managing to achieve a high enough quality level, similar to the best in their niche, something which was a result of really hard work.
You’re focusing on the tree and missing out on the forest.
A wiser question would have been to ask me how did I reach this point, how long did it take and what resulted to the “birth” of this.
I’m certain you will gain certain knowledge, not technical nor any evolving secrets, we are all accustom to the material; but rather the point of view for particular things such as burned colours.
I didn’t have any pictures for reference, I worked in an unorthodox manner which is how I prefer to operate, but trust me there was a lot of work required behind the scenes.
I don’t have to apologise to anyone for anything. I’ve been in the market since 2004. I would appreciate being treated with more respect and integrity.

2019-04-25, 10:19:10
Reply #12

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I agree with you there fully Nox3d. There is no reason to avoid genres, themes, looks, even cliches just because they were done before or popularized by someone else. There is always space for another Farnsworth House :- ).

First, it's how we all learn, we emulate what we find beautiful and speaks to us. As long as it's not plagiarization, it's new for person who made it. And just because it's common to you, it's not to someone else. Given there's a billions of us, reaching for originality above all is futile attempt, sometimes bordering on pretentious. You can all proclaim photography to be dead with approach like this, which is hardly the case.

I am also tired of backhanded "compliments" that speak more about commenter than the author of artwork, like the endless "another XYZ? (more boring archviz?uuh...). For those who don't find the artwork interesting, find another one to comment that's more to your liking. I don't go around the street telling people I don't like their commuting family cars, why don't they buy more unique sport cars ? Well that's lot of stupid analogies from me but you get the point. Ignore if you don't enjoy the genre or feel the need to nitpick irrelevant crap.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-04-25, 13:29:05
Reply #13

ac1867

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love this, great feel and mood.

2019-04-26, 04:03:44
Reply #14

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
I agree with you there fully Nox3d. There is no reason to avoid genres, themes, looks, even cliches just because they were done before or popularized by someone else. There is always space for another Farnsworth House :- ).

First, it's how we all learn, we emulate what we find beautiful and speaks to us. As long as it's not plagiarization, it's new for person who made it. And just because it's common to you, it's not to someone else. Given there's a billions of us, reaching for originality above all is futile attempt, sometimes bordering on pretentious. You can all proclaim photography to be dead with approach like this, which is hardly the case.

I am also tired of backhanded "compliments" that speak more about commenter than the author of artwork, like the endless "another XYZ? (more boring archviz?uuh...). For those who don't find the artwork interesting, find another one to comment that's more to your liking. I don't go around the street telling people I don't like their commuting family cars, why don't they buy more unique sport cars ? Well that's lot of stupid analogies from me but you get the point. Ignore if you don't enjoy the genre or feel the need to nitpick irrelevant crap.

First of all, this is forum and not street. People are not walking around and be like "Hi, this is my new family car, what do you think". And comparing cars to art , uh ? How you can compare something you buy with something you create.

He posted his work here and expecting some feedback. I told him that his work is very nice but im having problem to enjoy stuff like this. Alex did movie which we can consider as milestone in archviz industry and in one decade, no one even came close to it in terms of quality (not just photorealism but overall craftmanship). Its like trying to mimick Queen or Beatles.

Anyway, there is so much of quality projects floating around that its very hard to be unique these days. Mimicking other`s work for studying pruposes - okay, but its pretty clear that goal was to get as close as possible to his inspiration : with color balance, camera movement, DOF and basically whole composition. You can copy or imitate a lot of stuff , if its common, no one even notice. There is tons of projects similiar to each other but there are certain things in life which set the bar and everything similiar to it will be considered as "knock off". And if we are talking about archviz, Roman`s movie is one of those things.

And also, i dont understand this "if you dont like it, do not comment" philosophy. Are we gonna cuddle with each other ? Imagine music or movie industry without critics. I do miss those old times when everyone tried to be unique. Just open Behance and everything looks like it was made by one author. And because of mentality you are describing in your post, majority of archviz looks like a copy pasta. And about what genre you are talking about ? About Alex Roman`s genre vs rest of the archviz ? As i said, if i open Behance i dont see any genre. And im sure you know what im talking about.

He even used almost same font for the final caption, cmon.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-26, 04:14:35 by michaltimko »
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha