Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 209553 times)

2017-07-25, 16:31:58
Reply #345

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Getting consistent crashes with material override in the 24/7/2017 beta. Seems to be fine with a blank material but one with textures in it crashes shortly after pressing render. Tried it with a couple of scenes and with a few different materials. Anyone else able to reproduce this?

2017-07-25, 17:17:44
Reply #346

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Getting consistent crashes with material override in the 24/7/2017 beta. Seems to be fine with a blank material but one with textures in it crashes shortly after pressing render. Tried it with a couple of scenes and with a few different materials. Anyone else able to reproduce this?
Thank you for testing. I can confirm the bug. It should not be the problem to fix it so the fix will be available in next daily build.

Nikola

2017-07-25, 17:26:55
Reply #347

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. Love the speed on the latest daily.

2017-07-25, 19:00:03
Reply #348

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Seems like the Rounded edges shader is not working as it should in the bump channel...

- Shawn

2017-07-26, 17:44:05
Reply #349

bb

• Users
    • View Profile
Picture Viewer and Corona VFB goes black while rendering, after reaching a random number of passes. The render can be restored from a dumped EXR, and then exceeds the previously mentioned pass number without crashing there again. No memory peaks occured, neither was it full, and the CPU was showing normal workload as well.

2017-07-27, 20:34:31
Reply #350

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having major problems rendering animations via TeamRender with the latest build (2017-07-24) the client machines will not stay running.  They get close to the end and error out with "out of memory or unknown error".

I need to go back to the previous build to get my project complete but all of the old build links have been broken and only lead back to build 07-24.  Can we get the links fixed or can I get build 2017-07-11 for Mac.

Thanks,

-Shane

2017-07-28, 12:29:41
Reply #351

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Seems like the Rounded edges shader is not working as it should in the bump channel...

- Shawn

indeed... i reported it already for some time, the corona team knows there is missing some functions (already in max) to be able to work correctly with the shader. so lets hope they had it soon as possible.

2017-07-28, 12:42:55
Reply #352

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
round edges not working?

2017-07-28, 13:13:26
Reply #353

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
round edges not working?

it works, but some functions are missing, and in my case i cant use it because the missing functions... since they changed something in the round edges in the last builds.

2017-07-31, 06:32:57
Reply #354

cathor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Pretty sure that I've been able to layer a secondary reflection over a material with the layered material in previous builds. Does not work for me in 17-07-24.

The way I've done it before is set to enable "thin, no refraction" on the coat material. In the latest build the refraction is getting added to the base material. Just like the opacity is if that channel is used.

Maybe I am doing it wrong? what is the proper way to add a secondary reflection?

Cheers,

2017-07-31, 09:29:49
Reply #355

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you all for testing. It looks update to new core brought some problems in latest daily. The situation is as follows: Ales is working on material part of the Interactive rendering, Cestmir is working on geometry part of interactive rendering (especially on instancing - to make IR work with instances took us unexpectedly more time and it has delayed us little bit), and I am working on stabilization of Team rendering now. So I need to finish some work in Team rendering, and I am going to look at the problems from latest daily by the end of this week.

Nikola

2017-07-31, 10:44:38
Reply #356

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you all for testing. It looks update to new core brought some problems in latest daily. The situation is as follows: Ales is working on material part of the Interactive rendering, Cestmir is working on geometry part of interactive rendering (especially on instancing - to make IR work with instances took us unexpectedly more time and it has delayed us little bit), and I am working on stabilization of Team rendering now. So I need to finish some work in Team rendering, and I am going to look at the problems from latest daily by the end of this week.

Nikola

Nikola any feedback when Round edge shader will have the missing functions? it was reported some time ago and confirmed by the corona team, but the shader never got updated with the missing functions.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31, 13:09:01 by Marvey »

2017-08-03, 11:36:25
Reply #357

Aenard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Not pushing or anything, but do we have an estimation on the next update release ?
We basically have a big animation render coming at the end of next week and and after a lot of test i think that we can't make without a stable team render.
Again, not pushing, just need to start planning a bit and weighting the options :)

Thanks in advance

2017-08-08, 12:27:33
Reply #358

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Aenard,

This week, there will be new daily build with stability improvements and fixes for bugs which were reported on forum and Mantis and bugs I found during intensive testing of Team render last two weeks. Denoising and adaptivity will be implemented in some next daily build.

Nikola

2017-08-08, 16:56:49
Reply #359

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great news Nikola, were you able to fix the issue where a Team render client won't render a job submitted as a single frame?  Mantis ID 0002206

Thanks,

-Shane