Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207258 times)

2017-05-11, 16:19:15
Reply #255

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to get an auto bump feature added when using displacement? It seems that trick is used by many other renderers and it does seem to help with the look of the displacement.

2017-05-12, 03:16:23
Reply #256

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Latest version seems pretty solid. I had a few repeatable crashes setting up the multipass seemed to crash first try rendering after I'd set up multipass then it would be fine after I re-opened C4D.

Also when rendering large renders such as 4K Corona really brings my computer to a sluggish state... Is there a way to cut back on how many CPUS are used? Even mousing around is glitchy...

- Shawn

Have you tried limiting the threads in the C4D prefs/renderer?

I have but it seems Corona does not respect that setting...  Never mind! Seems that Corona does respect the Cinema global custom number of threads in the preferences! Cutting back on a couple threads really helps with overall system performance!

Still having issues rendering at 4K... Computer comes to a stand still... even with possessors disabled...

2017-05-12, 10:32:12
Reply #257

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to get an auto bump feature added when using displacement? It seems that trick is used by many other renderers and it does seem to help with the look of the displacement.
we are planning to do just that directly in corona core - so all plugins will get it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-16, 11:29:20
Reply #258

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Since you guys are still working on TR / DR, there is a feature that i would like to request implementing - if possible. (vray has this and its very handy)

please add an option / checkbox to select if your current machine (host) should render or just the slaves without the host (still host gets the image/layers in framebuffer ofc..)
Hi hog0,

you can do it in Cinema way by disabling "Preferences -> Render -> Team Render -> Local Settings -> Share Machine over Network" checkbox on you current (host) machine.

2017-05-17, 16:11:32
Reply #259

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-05-17, 19:29:51
Reply #260

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
I have a 'feature request' that I already did earlier! When adding IES file the whole path is added in texture slot and if I open that file on some other computer I also should upgrade IES file path accordingly, where in Vray it works just like any other texture that is in 'TEX' folder, basically it is looking for IES file in tex folder. Do you think it would be possible? Also that bug with 'TAKES MANAGER' that I reported earlier havent been fixed yet.
Thank you so much for the hard work guys! Cheers!

2017-05-18, 14:45:57
Reply #261

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a 'feature request' that I already did earlier! When adding IES file the whole path is added in texture slot and if I open that file on some other computer I also should upgrade IES file path accordingly, where in Vray it works just like any other texture that is in 'TEX' folder, basically it is looking for IES file in tex folder. Do you think it would be possible? Also that bug with 'TAKES MANAGER' that I reported earlier havent been fixed yet.
Thank you so much for the hard work guys! Cheers!

Hi Yurii,

We need more information about your feature request, can you please reply to Cestmir (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13970.msg89807.html#msg89807)? We know about the bug connected to Take Manager, but we didn't manage to look on it yet. I would like to ask you for the patience, but I would also like to thank you for testing the daily builds.

Nikola

2017-05-21, 00:18:09
Reply #262

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, I installed the daily build of beta. I am using the scene from Alpha 3. Latest daily build of beta is rendering incredibly slower than last alpha. Is it normal?

2017-05-21, 00:33:15
Reply #263

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And is it normal that in Beta 1 by the default C4D's materials are not being read? Because suddenly all the textures are black, unless I will put them into Corona materials and override the old C4D's materials.

2017-05-21, 13:34:38
Reply #264

Ohnet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, I installed the daily build of beta. I am using the scene from Alpha 3. Latest daily build of beta is rendering incredibly slower than last alpha. Is it normal?

I feel it much more slower too

2017-05-22, 06:13:05
Reply #265

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Was working on an image with 6.3 which was rendered with pass limit set to 500 on an 80 cores machine in 36 mins 40 secs. Same image, same settings, same machine 1hr, 6 mins, 10 sec when using latest daily build (first one I tried). I'm still satisfied, I'm getting an incredible photorealistic interior images (which is very hard to get, even in newest Arnold 5, which is solid update). Corona image editor is a plus as are additions to the corona VFB. Good job guys. Oh, question here (apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere) - there is no image editor upon installing latest daily build on OSX as on Win OS? As for the speed change in latest daily build (have to repeat myself here - it is the only daily build I installed), I guess they will sort that out in the future.
Edit: Just a thought, I didn't try this (will do when I have time) - perhaps if I set time limit in latest daily build to about 36 mins (time in which I got an excellent image quality with 6.3), there is a chance to get comparable image quality? What I'm saying is that they maybe optimized it in a way to get good image quality with lower time/pass limits? Didn't try that (installed latest daily build yesterday), just thinking out loud here.
Edit 2: "here is no image editor upon installing latest daily build on OSX as on Win OS?" - went through all written in this thread and found an answer to this question. So, still no, Nikola yet has to port it to OSX.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-22, 08:03:31 by nesha_2 »

2017-05-22, 14:48:22
Reply #266

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
might be more relevant, if you test times to get to the same amount of noise

CIE is here, if you're unsure, just extract the contents and put wherever you feel like it

2017-05-23, 07:03:23
Reply #267

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks! Will do just that, Friday afternoon. And another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, so far there is no CIE for OSX. On Win it is installed when Corona plugin is installed or manually unpacked, whichever the case.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-23, 07:17:48 by nesha_2 »

2017-05-23, 07:05:33
Reply #268

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV

2017-05-23, 07:07:50
Reply #269

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CIE is an abbreviation for Corona Image Editor.