Author Topic: Light Problem! White and dark areas in Scene!  (Read 458 times)

2024-03-05, 11:05:54

1xPaulx1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello dear community,

some wired white points and gray areas appear on the ceiling in my scene. I can't explain why they occure...

Here some information:
- The rastered ceiling has not reflectance and the floor just a bit (nothing changes with a floor w/ no reflection)
- If I increase Bloom and Glare, the dots increase a bit in intensity
- The ceiling has no Tag
- When I copy all objects into a new scene, the problem still occurs.
- Corona Version 9
- cinema 2023.0.0

does somebody know the answer or has the same problem?

I provided the picture and all my render settings. I can upload more if somebody asks;)

Thank you so much for all answers

2024-03-05, 12:40:56
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, you seem to be having an excessive noise issue. Please see this article for ways to correct this.
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528247036305-How-to-get-rid-of-excessive-noise
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-05, 15:40:39
Reply #2

1xPaulx1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
could the problem have something to do with the many metal textures (for door handles, mirrors, etc...) in the scene? They are all physical materials and have a high reflection obviously.

Also there is no natural light, just the light points with a light material (10 intensity). When I remove the ceiling and the lights, the noise goes away.

otherwise I have all the standard settings regarding the render settings but a simple exposure of 10

2024-03-05, 17:44:03
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It just looks like a rendering in a very early stage. Those white dots should go away after some rendering time (let's say 20 passes or more). If they don't disappear, you should try to find the source of the dots. They do look like light reflected off some highly reflective metalic objects. One way to find out would be using material overrides: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528494930193-How-to-create-clay-renders-in-Corona-for-Cinema-4D
If the fireflies go away after applying a simple gray material to all scene objects, then they are caused by some material.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us