Author Topic: Network render submision  (Read 4175 times)

2017-06-29, 00:58:22

davegmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I just read this in the FAQ section and was wondering what it is:

DOES IT SUPPORT NETWORK/DISTRIBUTED RENDERING?
Yes, it does. You can do network rendering using Autodesk Backburner, Thinkbox Deadline, or Corona's own integrated solution (requires installed Backburner).

What is Corona's integrated solution?

Thanks,
David

2017-06-29, 08:29:42
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You find the answer just in the next line under that part you quoted from the helpdesk article:

"See: How to use Distributed Rendering?"

Means: using multiple nodes to render one image at once.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-06-29, 11:43:34
Reply #2

cgifarm

• Active Users
  • Your Brand New RenderFarm
    • View Profile
    • CGIFarm
Hi, found this useful video on how to use coronaDR, it doesn't have sound, but it's short and shows the workflow of starting the DRServer on the other nodes and connect to them.
Working on a Renderfarm Platform - checkout our website cgifarm.com and our cost calculator : https://www.cgifarm.com/renderfarm-cost-calculator

2017-06-29, 16:26:55
Reply #3

davegmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. I have DR working no problem. I misunderstood this to be a network submitter and manager for single frames distributed to different nodes. I think I would only be able to do that with Deadline or Backburner. Right?

We have done tests with animations thinking DR would be faster but with 6 nodes it was taking about 20 min to get the quality we needed per frame, so 3 frames per hour. Where if we submitting single frames to 6 nodes we get back about 6 frames per hour. These are tests we did with vray but I am finding the speed to get an acceptable quality is around the same (1hr/frame roughly) but we will certainly do some more tests.

2017-06-29, 18:26:16
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Deadline or Backburner. Right?

Yes. Or whatever compatible manager.

submitting single frames to 6 nodes we get back about 6 frames per hour.

If it´s about animation: Forget DR (any DR solution), just submit 1 frame to one node. It´s always faster/has better quality.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-06-29, 19:10:01
Reply #5

cgifarm

• Active Users
  • Your Brand New RenderFarm
    • View Profile
    • CGIFarm
Single frame distributed is only good if you have multiple machines and you want 1 frame faster, which is usually high res - 4,6-12 K. This introduces a lot of lag into your render. The packages must travel through network to the master computer instead of dumping them into ram directly, the master must tell the slaves what to render etc...

So Single frame DBR is the way to go for high res frames.. but in terms of efficiency, 1 node is better always.

Feel free to try out our renderfarm as well, you get a free trial, maybe it's something that you will find useful in the future.
Can check it out on my signature link.

Good luck with your projects!
Working on a Renderfarm Platform - checkout our website cgifarm.com and our cost calculator : https://www.cgifarm.com/renderfarm-cost-calculator