Author Topic: Bug with Corona Shared Node  (Read 22380 times)

2019-07-20, 17:17:09

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heyho,
i think there is a bug with corona-shared-node when its loaded to c4ds layered- or filter-shader p.e. !
If so, the interactive renderer is not updating properly when changing any values.
Also, as i mentioned in a post before, the texture manager cant find any textures when using corona-shared-node.

best regards,
sV

2019-07-25, 20:03:48
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hello stereoV!

Thanks for the post. We already know about the Texture Manager, but unfortunately, there's not much we can do, because it's a C4D feature. We will see if we can come up with some clever way of supporting the Texture Manager, but it will probably be quite laborous.

As for the Shared Shader problems - we also know about a few issues, but just to be sure - could you describe the setup that is not working for you so that we have a reference? If possible, it would be ideal for us in you sent a scene where the problem occurs, so that we could use it for debugging.

2019-07-29, 10:27:07
Reply #2

stereoV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey houska, thx for ur attention on this.
Well i got u a scene (R20) attached with a simple fabric material (mat1), build in the node editor.
i used some c4d shaders in there like a filter, a fresnel and a layer shader.
try to change values while IA is running, like the color in the filter or fresnel values. u will recognize that the texture will not load correctly but turns yellow until u reload the bitmap.
its conspicious that this happens when corona creates a corona shared-shader in the material slot. the strange thing is that sometimes corona doesent create this and it works but than suddenly it puts in these shaders (mostly when loading bitmaps) !?
so the question would be why do we need this corona-shared shader at all ?
this shader is also the reason why the texture manager cant find bitmaps in the node materials.
best regards,
sV

2019-07-29, 10:47:17
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Alright, I can easily reproduce this issue. Thanks for the report! We'll have a look at it.

The reason why we added the Shared shader at all is that Corona isn't able to use the same shader in multiple materials and until recently hasn't been able to use the same shader multiple times even inside one material. Shared shader allows this and with its help we were able to create our Node editor.

2019-07-29, 12:00:02
Reply #4

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well i got u a scene (R20) attached with a simple fabric material (mat1), build in the node editor.
try to change values while IA is running, like the color in the filter or fresnel values. u will recognize that the texture will not load correctly but turns yellow until u reload the bitmap.
its conspicious that this happens when corona creates a corona shared-shader in the material slot. the strange thing is that sometimes corona doesent create this and it works but than suddenly it puts in these shaders (mostly when loading bitmaps) !?
this shader is also the reason why the texture manager cant find bitmaps in the node materials.
best regards,
sV

So it's really a very old issue that I sent earlier. It is sad that such an important fix things take so long! Node editor is not very usable for me.

2019-08-03, 22:13:41
Reply #5

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
best regards,
sV

So it's really a very old issue that I sent earlier. It is sad that such an important fix things take so long! Node editor is not very usable for me.

yes I have already problems with the node editor and shared materials so far nothing has changed, problem persits in editor and team rendering.
Tonemapping green magenta tint seems to have been more important  ;)

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24679.0

2019-08-05, 16:25:41
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Green Magenta tint was developed by the core team, so didn't require work from the C4D team :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-07, 12:02:22
Reply #7

metopa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Internal tracking number: 342697481