Author Topic: Corona renderer bug after rendering for awhile.  (Read 2638 times)

2021-03-09, 12:36:47

plasticmonster81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, this week MAX 2018 and the latest Corona renderer started doing this weird thing that it didn`t do before.
After I render a couple images and let it denoise, after the 6th or 7th render after the 3/3 denoise pass, corona just kicks the bucket and MAX crashes, NO warning, NO autosave, NO backup, not even an error message. It just disappears.   
Im guessing memory issue, but with 64gb ram and 100GB cache space its a bit weird. And why didn`t it do it before? I rendered bigger scenes that took longer without a hitch.
It started on the weekend and it is driving me insane. Im back to saving before rendering again.

Any hotfix coming out? Or anyone experience this issue? Before it crashed on reseting max and opening a new scene OR when i saved a scene and opened another one.  But then it gave error.
Now nothing. Just poof....vanishes.

2021-03-09, 14:24:53
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-03-09, 16:06:25
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also what is meant by the "latest Corona" - always best to say version, because you could mean "latest official" (Corona 6 HF 1) or you could mean "the absolute latest" which is Corona 7 daily build 5th March. Also this makes sure you don't think you are using the latest, but aren't (e.g. Corona 6 but not HF 1, or an earlier daily build not realizing a newer one is out).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-03-10, 16:54:03
Reply #3

plasticmonster81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, yes its version 6 Hotfix 1. There is NO minidump. Everything just disappears, no warning, no autosave, no error message.

2021-03-11, 16:06:59
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'd say in this case we would need the scene to investigate it further.

Could you please send the scene to us? Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-03-16, 16:24:11
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Would you be able to send this scene to us?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!