Author Topic: School project - resort  (Read 7468 times)

2014-04-03, 12:17:46

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

This was a project that was completed about 2 months ago.

Since this was a school project there was not much time for modeling so there a models from Bertrand Benoit and Viz-People used in this scene.
However some models I had time to do myself but the focus was on materials and realism :)

(Edit: Forgot the 2 other views)

/Daniel

2014-04-03, 13:01:52
Reply #1

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Nice project, I like your floor overal only thing Im not sure if that was ment to be is that the picture on the pright is not in the middle. /

But other than that, this looks really realistic, If you would print this and show to me, I would defenetly say "yep its a photo"
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-04-03, 14:32:16
Reply #2

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much! :) Yeah, I completely agree about the painting, I had some problems with it and ran out of time, and after the deadline I was too lazy to fix it.. :)

2014-04-03, 14:56:40
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Wow, photographic quality!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-04-03, 15:12:34
Reply #4

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Those new shots are even better, but I dont like that buissnes woman you added, she is sitting on a chair 60cm+ and that sofa is lower its about 45~ that resulted in a really tiny woman. That is bad.

But on the other hand I love your fireplace shot.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-04-03, 16:34:06
Reply #5

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru: Thank you very much!

Tanakov: Thanks! Yes, there is some scaling problem with the woman, after a while I just got tired of trying and let it be.

2014-04-03, 17:09:48
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Actually scaling of the woman looks good to me. Reason she does not fit is that rest of the image is a bit more contrasty. Especially having stronger highlights. Increasing little bit of a brightness and contrast on the woman will help a bit :)

2014-04-06, 23:29:45
Reply #7

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, overall I had some trouble with the woman, next time I´ll try harder to make her fit in :)

2014-04-07, 02:46:11
Reply #8

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
From a technical standpoint, these are really nice to look at. I like the slight scratchy depressions in the wood and overall lighting. I find the reflective surface on the floor is just perfect.

2014-05-04, 21:59:02
Reply #10

hemrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-05-05, 00:38:12
Reply #11

architectvisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.architectvisual.com
Perfect work

2014-05-05, 02:24:35
Reply #12

robo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Saved to inspiration folder, lovely atmosphere.

Floor I totally agree, nice balance with reflection and (bump)texture. Sometimes it's overdone and doesnt fit the wood or interior styling, but
here it's just right.

Agree on the woman (she's not too small imo, indeed it's more the brightness on the arm-rest side of her body/clothing
that's just a tad too much and not blending in with the overall contrast).
The pillows on the floor have a similar problem, but they look like you rendered it, so I might be off here..

Can you tell/show how you did the flame material in the glasses on the table?

2014-05-05, 17:36:30
Reply #13

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice!

Thanks!

Perfect work

Thank you! :)

Saved to inspiration folder, lovely atmosphere.

Floor I totally agree, nice balance with reflection and (bump)texture. Sometimes it's overdone and doesnt fit the wood or interior styling, but
here it's just right.

Agree on the woman (she's not too small imo, indeed it's more the brightness on the arm-rest side of her body/clothing
that's just a tad too much and not blending in with the overall contrast).
The pillows on the floor have a similar problem, but they look like you rendered it, so I might be off here..

Can you tell/show how you did the flame material in the glasses on the table?

Nice to hear and thank you! :) Yes, there is some problems with the woman and the pillows, both the woman and the pillows are rendered but something didn´t work to a 100%, kind of ran out of time and was too lazy to fix it afterwards :)

Regarding the material, It´s nothing fancy. Its a diffuse bitmap of a candleflame and a corona light that is invisible just to spread some light from the candleflame.
I have attached a screenshot and if you have any other question feel free to ask.