Author Topic: Bug-Like issue with Ornatrix Hair Width  (Read 2147 times)

2020-05-24, 03:13:18

Confuser999

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello , today I wanted to try ornatrix with corona renderer.
everything looks fine only issue is corona don't get hair width from "Ox Change Width" modifier and always hairs are the same ...
I attached my render , only way to make it right is converting my hair to mesh using "Ox Mesh From Strands" modifier which makes hair material goes wrong as second picture i attached.

is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong ?
also if corona render without any need to something what is coronaHairMod modifier just to set hair rendering model to plane ?

thanks

2020-05-24, 14:21:34
Reply #1

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
By the way did you try Ox Render Settings modifier? Do the width parameters in it affect the render?

2020-05-24, 17:26:44
Reply #2

Confuser999

• Users
    • View Profile
By the way did you try Ox Render Settings modifier? Do the width parameters in it affect the render?
Yes , I know it works but I need dynamic width mapped by texture and randomizer.

2021-01-20, 10:15:13
Reply #3

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been working with the latest corona 6 hf1 and the latest stable version of ornatrix. The same bug still exists. I cant render with the width modifier, it doesn't affect the hair. When I render with the render modifier it crashes.

2021-01-20, 10:27:48
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona Renderer 6 HF1 supports Ornatrix 5
Corona Renderer 7 daily builds support Ornatrix 7

We skipped Ornatrix 6 because we did not want to support two different APIs at the same time.

I hope that switching to Ornatrix 5 or Corona 7 daily builds with Ornatrix 7 support are valid solutions for you.

Could you please tell me how exactly you are using Ornatrix and why you need this width adjustment feature? What kind of project is it?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-01-21, 08:30:00
Reply #5

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru, thanks for replying. We are in the middle of a big fashion based project in which we need to create photorealistic human models. We have a female model ready with that is being supplied to us by a very talented freelancer. We are working 3ds max and after researching I found that Ornatrix would deliver the best hair and fur. I started with the latest version 6 of Ornatrix a few months ago but found that to be not to stable. When version 7 was release we started using the latest stable version in combination with Corona 6 hf1. So since then Ornatrix was kind of stable but after receiving our latest character with hair my 3ds max crashed instant when hitting the render button.

Ephere suggested that to work around the crash we shouldn't use the Ox render modifier but instead use the Ox change width. That sort of worked for me but I searched some more and found out that Corona 3 hf2 works fine in combination with Ornatix 7.1.4.26564. For now this is a temporary solution because we really want and need to upgrade to Corona 6 at least.
However reading your last message I should wait until a stable release of Corona 7 or test Ornatrix 5?

2021-01-21, 10:25:49
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, I would advise using Ornatrix 5 with Corona 6 HF1 (stable) or Ornatrix 7 with Corona 7 (daily build).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us