Author Topic: Masks for instance copy  (Read 2524 times)

2019-11-23, 23:52:51

speltospel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • closeupvisual.com
I render RGB masks as well as separate maps for objects and texture maps through CTexmap.

After I configured all the masks. I am making a copy of the object in the instance (for example, for a different angle or position of an object) and all masks need to be recreated.

I thought it might be possible to make some kind of script built into the render elements. or some checkmark will save all configured masks for copies of the object?

2019-12-18, 11:20:29
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I don't understand this feature request. Could you describe what exactly you would like to achieve? (what would be the effect of having this feature implemented)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-12-18, 11:46:45
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I think OP would like to have a mask RE which just masks all instances of a specific object "automatically". Without the need of adding it manually to the selection. You can either use Object Gbuffer ID for doing so (clones inherit the ID) or use this "trick":

- create a dummy
- link the object to the dummy
- put the dummy into "Manual selection" of the render element

The mask RE creates a mask for the entire hierarchy, so also for the object linked to the dummy. Now when cloning the object, the mask "updates" itself because the cloned object is also a child of the dummy (note that you have to restart IR to see the effect).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-12-18, 13:53:33
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wait, Masks respect hierarchy that way? That's fantastic, I wish I had known before.

2019-12-18, 15:05:50
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hmm, I have mixed feelings about it. See

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15201.0

But basically cool, yes.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-12-19, 16:43:55
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think OP would like to have a mask RE which just masks all instances of a specific object "automatically". Without the need of adding it manually to the selection. You can either use Object Gbuffer ID for doing so (clones inherit the ID) or use this "trick":

- create a dummy
- link the object to the dummy
- put the dummy into "Manual selection" of the render element

The mask RE creates a mask for the entire hierarchy, so also for the object linked to the dummy. Now when cloning the object, the mask "updates" itself because the cloned object is also a child of the dummy (note that you have to restart IR to see the effect).

Good Luck

These workarounds sound good, so I will move this to resolved, as I don't see high demand for such feature, and it would be probably really hard to implement it in a reasonable way.

Wait, Masks respect hierarchy that way? That's fantastic, I wish I had known before.

Yeah, it's a known bug/feature! :D
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us