Author Topic: Blender 2.80 or Corona 2.0?  (Read 35270 times)

2018-06-23, 23:14:43

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Hey guys, what do you want first?

Support for Blender 2.8

Support for Corona 2.0

Doing 2.80 will get 2.0 compatibility only in 2.80, doing 2.0 now might mean losing support for Corona 1.7 and the Mac version requiring a early version.

However Blender has changed their render engine completely which means it will take me several months to get it working.

This work is for you all so let me know what you need.

2018-06-24, 07:08:34
Reply #1

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think making support for corona 2.0 in blender 2.8 now doesn't make much sense.
Who knows what will change until 2.8 releases so I guess development of plugin/exporter would be even slower now.
So support for latest existing corona for latest official blender release would make more sense.

Anyway, do you think it would be possible to convert blender 2.8 principled shader to corona material? So that it would be possible to create materials in realtime viewport and then auto-convert them when switching to corona?

2018-06-24, 07:24:50
Reply #2

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is a different topic entirely 😁 with some community help we might be able to get close but not exact

2018-06-24, 15:03:11
Reply #3

cosimoras

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Blanchg and thanks for your productive dedication! I would prefer a stable Corona 1.7, otherwise you would risk losing everything ...

2018-06-24, 21:31:04
Reply #4

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What is making 1.7 unstable? Apart from the preview with images.

2018-06-25, 16:41:11
Reply #5

cosimoras

• Users
    • View Profile
I was wrong to use the term stable. I prefer a fully functional release, even if not current.
The "export object"  does not work for "only selected", it exports everything.
Sometimes it creates errors in the file.mtl the "hue saturations value".

2018-06-25, 20:14:09
Reply #6

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2018-06-25, 22:44:54
Reply #7

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was wrong to use the term stable. I prefer a fully functional release, even if not current.
The "export object"  does not work for "only selected", it exports everything.
Sometimes it creates errors in the file.mtl the "hue saturations value".

If you could provide small .blend files that demonstrate the last issue it would help.

2018-06-26, 22:00:36
Reply #8

cosimoras

• Users
    • View Profile
Error "Hue saturation value"

2018-06-27, 10:36:56
Reply #9

andreimd87

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for your time to make this good thing. personaly for me, i will stay on 2.79 maybe for a half of year because i got its workflow in my hands already. but i would like of course corona 2 for 2.79 for it's speed. however i'm very happy with the old 1.6 because all is working good. i would prefer more the interactive integration instead of newer versions. but it's just my point.

2018-06-27, 10:42:55
Reply #10

andreimd87

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Error "Hue saturation value"
it's a very known thing already. a hue/saturation is a tonemapping operation. so you have to use a "tone mapping" node alongside "hue/saturation" node.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-27, 10:47:13 by andreimd87 »

2018-06-27, 10:45:11
Reply #11

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for your time to make this good thing. personaly for me, i will stay on 2.79 maybe for a half of year because i got its workflow in my hands already. but i would like of course corona 2 for 2.79 for it's speed. however i'm very happy with the old 1.6 because all is working good. i would prefer more the interactive integration instead of newer versions. but it's just my point.
That level of integration won't be possible until it is added to the standalone which won't be in any current release.  Of course I could do it now but the performance would be unbearable and it is a lot of work for something that won't be usable.

2018-06-27, 10:49:06
Reply #12

andreimd87

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That level of integration won't be possible until it is added to the standalone which won't be in any current release.  Of course I could do it now but the performance would be unbearable and it is a lot of work for something that won't be usable.

sad... maybe in the next life :) ok. then i would stay on 2.79 with new corona. :) thanks

2018-06-27, 11:44:14
Reply #13

cosimoras

• Users
    • View Profile
it's a very known thing already. a hue/saturation is a tonemapping operation. so you have to use a "tone mapping" node alongside "hue/saturation" node.

Perfect! Thank you!

2018-06-27, 11:47:05
Reply #14

andreimd87

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Perfect! Thank you!
glad to help