Author Topic: Alpha v4  (Read 31187 times)

2015-10-01, 11:47:30
Reply #15

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What's with the bump channel? I must now set values above 1000%, where 10% were still needed in the A3. I am surprised that has not been written about. Or is that just me?

Otherwise, I'd say thanks for your great work :o)

This was already reported in the beta testing, but not fixed yet
« Last Edit: 2015-10-01, 13:07:16 by Marvey »

2015-10-01, 12:21:40
Reply #16

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
WRONG Preview "Open window" with glossy map texture, diffuse texture
need fixit
« Last Edit: 2015-10-02, 12:56:29 by Visual Pie Workroom »

2015-10-01, 13:53:30
Reply #17

Barba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Light material doesn't work in A4 with C4D sky. I tried to use portal with it.
 Standard material with HDR in emission chanel, whith corona portal work good.

2015-10-01, 18:07:31
Reply #18

yanislachat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
interactive rendering is very slow,much slower than 3dsmax,  and makes the software crash¨.
also material converter does not work... or its just me !!?

2015-10-02, 09:36:32
Reply #19

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Poor working bump, we have to set the value in 2000 - 3000%, for the appearance of relief. Channel reflection, as has begun to lose. Interactive rendering slow and bad displays a map hdri

2015-10-02, 09:49:47
Reply #20

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bump problem as mentioned above: have to increase amounts to crazy high numbers (as pre alpha3).

2015-10-02, 15:25:36
Reply #21

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Errors found:
1. Crazy slow render with SSS material
2. Material mapping
3. Material preview is useless "cubic texture effect"
4. Render instance doesn't work with IR, etc... or crashes Cinema4D R16
5. HDRi don't work with sky object
6. Bump problems
7. etc... :))))
....we're going back to the good old and stable A3 version :)

p.s. "testers got it. If everything goes well, expect A4 next week"....I wonder, what they test :P
« Last Edit: 2015-10-02, 17:06:00 by minimaldesign - Blaž »

2015-10-03, 15:43:00
Reply #22

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Errors found:
2. Material mapping
6. Bump problems

p.s. "testers got it. If everything goes well, expect A4 next week"....I wonder, what they test :P

maybe because everyone was cryng to see a new realease? the problems ppl are talking about 90% of them was reported in the beta testing. So maybe next time Ondra should ignore all the ppl asking for a new realease and just realease when there is a solid realease to do it, so he and the ppl behind the testing will not need  to read stuffs like "i wonder, what they test" and stuffs like that.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-03, 15:49:37 by Marvey »

2015-10-03, 15:52:08
Reply #23

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
maybe because everyone was cryng to see a new realease? the problems ppl are talking about 90% of them was reported in the beta testing. So maybe next time Ondra should ignore all the ppl asking for a new realease and just realease when there is a solid realease to do it, so he and the ppl behind the testing will not need  to read stuffs like "i wonder, what they test" and stuffs like that.
+1000

2015-10-03, 16:26:21
Reply #24

drevin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+10000

2015-10-03, 16:42:28
Reply #25

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Errors found:
2. Material mapping
6. Bump problems

I agree ;)

2015-10-03, 20:05:35
Reply #26

Dex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I appreciate the opportunity to use this great software early in its development. Sure, there are bugs, its alpha!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle
Don't forget to submit and review the bug progress here!
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/
« Last Edit: 2015-10-03, 20:22:51 by Dex »

2015-10-05, 10:59:57
Reply #27

village-dog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Personally, I'd stopped the development of the IR for the moment. I know - it was voted, so just my personal opinion. But: IR is the icing on the cake, which can be done at the end. For the work would be more efficient distributed rendering, scatter plugin, proxy plugin. Because how much time it will save the IR throughout the project?

If the IR has problems now, let's get back to this later. But as I say, this is just my opinion. But on the other hand, developers should be able to do more necessary things which we are waiting too.

Otherwise, thanks for the instrument through which I do not have to be a scientist amateur :)

2015-10-05, 12:04:55
Reply #28

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
Personally, I'd stopped the development of the IR for the moment. I know - it was voted, so just my personal opinion. But: IR is the icing on the cake, which can be done at the end. For the work would be more efficient distributed rendering, scatter plugin, proxy plugin. Because how much time it will save the IR throughout the project?
I agree! not time to IR
Scatter, proxy, fullwork blend2blend, inc\exclude affect lights from any channel any objects, more options in compos tag etc.

2015-10-05, 12:20:22
Reply #29

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I agree with that 100%.
We all love Corona and we trust you guys will do the best possible work as you have done so far!

cheers
matej