Author Topic: Beta Tomorrow?  (Read 26685 times)

2017-09-14, 18:45:49

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
According to the roadmap the release candidate beta is due tomorrow - will it happen?

2017-09-15, 08:59:48
Reply #1

Gruender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think so, after the fusion with Chaos Group I guess they look what can be implemented and how can Corona for C4D benifit from the Vray core.
Next hint is that there several points unfinished on the road map.

2017-09-15, 10:31:23
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Good morning from the DEV team, guys!

First, let me assure you that nothing at all changed in the development of the C4D plugin since the merge with Chaos Group. We have our roadmap of features that we want to implement and we're working on them as best as we can and nothing about the merger influences that.

Now about the release, we hope we will make it today - yes, some of the features will be missing, for example the material stack support won't make it at all. As for the rest of the features, they will be in the release in a more or less complete way. We are especially looking forward to giving you access to the interactive rendering.

That being said, occasional crashes in the interactive renderer are to be expected, so I wouldn't recommend to use it in production environment (actually, I wouldn't recommend any beta release of any software for production in this regard :-) ). If we didn't have the release date set yet, we would probably spend two more weeks polishing the interactive rendering, but this way we will be able to collect more feedback from you - the real users, while at the same time giving you the possibility to test the IR for yourself for the first time.

Thanks for your continuing support!

2017-09-15, 13:41:10
Reply #3

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(actually, I wouldn't recommend any beta release of any software for production in this regard :-) )

it's hard to do when the corona is so great :)

2017-09-15, 20:17:29
Reply #4

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

We tried to release the first daily build of Beta 1 with interactive rendering today, but it is not stable enough. I would like to apologize to all who were looking forward to testing the interactive rendering, but we don't want to waste your time when we know there are still stability problems. We are very thankful to all who are testing the Corona, and we would like to ask you for little more patience. Next week we will try to fix all known stability problems, and we will try to release interactive rendering for testing. If it is not stable, we will try to release it every next week. We are attaching the screen recording of interactive rendering to show you what we already implemented (please excuse the quality of the scene, we are just programmers after all). Thank you for your understanding.

Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xyYS3daSJ7WmFkRG1fM05uQ00/view?usp=sharing

2017-09-15, 20:36:39
Reply #5

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
This is looking great. Really looking forward to using IR. Thanks for sharing Nikola!

2017-09-15, 21:26:28
Reply #6

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work!  Looking very forward to the next release.  Thanks for the preview.

-Shane

2017-09-15, 21:30:04
Reply #7

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
Looking good - excited for this part of the engine to be implemented and looking forward to testing it on larger scenes.  Thank you for your honesty; I much prefer that you take the time to get it right then just push it out the door based on a trello card.  You guys are doing great!

2017-09-16, 00:20:07
Reply #8

digitaluka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
WOW that looks incredible. Can't wait for that interactive feedback goodness. One side note is that a Minecraft scene?

2017-09-16, 01:07:59
Reply #9

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd be interested to know what CPU was working in the computer from the demo video.

2017-09-16, 14:50:12
Reply #10

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That preview is awesome, thanks for that.

I think it's great that you guys are delaying release until you have a more stable version.

Can't wait!

2017-09-17, 20:12:20
Reply #11

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow! Looking really good!
Thanks for sharing the preview!

2017-09-17, 21:44:46
Reply #12

VogelDK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd be interested to know what CPU was working in the computer from the demo video.

I support question

2017-09-18, 10:35:38
Reply #13

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

It's a high-end i7 octa-core CPU:

2017-09-18, 17:22:49
Reply #14

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, houska.

2017-09-19, 09:58:35
Reply #15

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The interactivity looks pretty good, but the first pass or initial picture when changing shaders, geometry etc is really rough compared to Octane for example, then it jumps up a lot in quality on the next pass - is that setting adjustable or does it depend on hardware?

I hope the material stack support isn't too far away - that feature and interactive rendering are what I'm most excited about.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-19, 10:05:09 by mitchino »

2017-09-19, 16:41:04
Reply #16

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
The jump in quality is called undersampling. You'll find that in most renderers with an IPR, also octane has that feature too.
Makes refreshes quicker by using a lower resolution while moving camera, objects or material changes. Then builds up and depends on the scene and hardware used. But you can't expect a CÜU renderer to have the same performance as a GPU renderer. Corona is very fast for it's type.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-19, 19:08:28 by Eddoron »

2017-09-20, 09:51:33
Reply #17

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But does hardware affect the initial under sampling? If you have serious multicore processor can you get closer to a GPU based IPR?

2017-09-20, 11:18:50
Reply #18

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
There will be a setting that sets the initial subsampling level. But if you have a serious CPU, you will not have to change it anyway, because you won't be looking at the initial resolution for too long. Look at this video for example (from when the 3DS Max IR was a prototype):

2017-09-20, 14:54:39
Reply #19

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what are the cpu specs on that rig?

btw: would be a better clip if they didn't keep moving the camera, let it settle once or twice maybe?

2017-09-20, 17:14:16
Reply #20

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I don't know what CPU the guy used. About settling the rendering, I think the idea is to show the interactivity, not how it settles :-) But you can watch some other videos on Youtube, they stop moving the camera there. Rule of thumb is, each successive increase of detail will take 3x as much time as the previous one...

2017-09-20, 18:32:28
Reply #21

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
But you can't expect a CÜU renderer to have the same performance as a GPU renderer.
Corona: "hold my beer..."
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-21, 08:56:12
Reply #22

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
But you can't expect a CÜU renderer to have the same performance as a GPU renderer.
Corona: "hold my beer..."

You mean like this?

2017-09-22, 19:08:37
Reply #23

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

We were quite successful with bug fixing this week, but some bugs remain so we decided to postpone the release of the first testing version with interactive for next week. We created second preview video with a difficult-to-render scene. You can see that change detection is quite fast but the rendering is slower but the same as in non-interactive rendering, as you can see at the end of the video.

Thank you for the patience
Nikola

Preview: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xyYS3daSJ7SlNmeW5qemlPemM/view?usp=sharing

2017-09-22, 19:50:40
Reply #24

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola, thanks for the update and sneak-peek video.  Looks fantastic.  I really appreciate the communication and the short videos, it makes the waiting much easier.

Are those zooming controls I see at the top right of the frame buffer?  I hope so, that will be a very welcome addition.

-Shane

2017-09-22, 20:02:20
Reply #25

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Thanks for sharing Nikola! Yeah I agree, it's really helpful to see the videos showing progress on this. Can't wait to be able to use it!

2017-09-22, 20:12:49
Reply #26

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
Thank you for keeping us updated!

2017-09-25, 11:10:41
Reply #27

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nicola! I agree as well, I very much appreciate how you show where you are in the progress. Not only with this but with everything, with the road map and all your post in this forum. Thank you! The preview looks very good btw :)

2017-09-25, 14:26:35
Reply #28

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi Nicola! I agree as well, I very much appreciate how you show where you are in the progress. Not only with this but with everything, with the road map and all your post in this forum. Thank you! The preview looks very good btw :)

Well put! I totally agree :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-26, 10:03:03
Reply #29

archimen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Do you see anything on the horizon?

2017-09-26, 11:45:03
Reply #30

RED LAB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RED LAB
It's cloudy over here today
« Last Edit: 2017-09-26, 11:54:46 by Colas »

2017-09-27, 10:43:35
Reply #31

Gruender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any chance that Corona for C4D will get this soon?
http://cgpress.org/archives/corona-1-7-rc1-released.html

2017-09-28, 17:26:46
Reply #32

hdri3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
bravo for your work
I hate to try a stable version

2017-09-29, 17:26:18
Reply #33

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Ya'll think the beta will be ready today?

2017-09-29, 20:55:36
Reply #34

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ya'll think the beta will be ready today?

I sure hope so!!!

2017-09-29, 23:26:26
Reply #35

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

daily build with interactive rendering is out (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15518.msg110637#msg110637).

Nikola

2017-09-29, 23:29:30
Reply #36

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Whoohoo! Thanks Nikola! I'll be testing :)

2017-09-30, 01:23:19
Reply #37

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
Excellent!  Respectable performance on my 4 core iMac.  Will test it on the big Windows tower next week.  Thanks guys!

2017-09-30, 11:14:44
Reply #38

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks you very much for this dailybuild. We finally can use the IR and shadowcatcher. But I have a question how can I use a background in the environment slot for Direct Visbility to match with my texture which I am using for the shadowcatcher?

AND the shadow catcher texture is always displayed with a wrong gamma.

None of the Environment features are working for me. Please help me guys

Thanks alot!
« Last Edit: 2017-09-30, 12:05:33 by vedat.afuzi.design »

2017-10-01, 19:06:13
Reply #39

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The IR is working really well here on my cheese grater Mac Pro 12 x 3.46GHz - just mucking about with simple scene - a sphere, a plane and a couple of lights. Feels very snappy, better than I expected. Well done Corona Dev Team!

2017-10-02, 20:56:17
Reply #40

Mac_Mac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I 've just returned to previous version. The newest one is pretty cool but at this moment completly unusable for me...sorry.
It crashed on my old scenes, which were well rendered in the previous version, and on new scenes just with one cube and one light source. I love corona for C4D. It is great, but to be honest I can live without IR. I would prefer have corona with RoundEdges shader, render selected and other things working corectly. These things are more important to me. I would also like to see exclude/include (reflections, refractions, shadows etc.) feature, something like in composition tag but between selected objects. Thanks!

2017-10-02, 21:33:52
Reply #41

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... but to be honest I can live without IR.
I really would not want to do without it again. I think the crashes will all be fixed.

2017-10-03, 10:49:03
Reply #42

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I 've just returned to previous version. The newest one is pretty cool but at this moment completly unusable for me...sorry.
It crashed on my old scenes, which were well rendered in the previous version, and on new scenes just with one cube and one light source. I love corona for C4D. It is great, but to be honest I can live without IR. I would prefer have corona with RoundEdges shader, render selected and other things working corectly. These things are more important to me. I would also like to see exclude/include (reflections, refractions, shadows etc.) feature, something like in composition tag but between selected objects. Thanks!
Hi Mac_Mac,

Could you send us the crashing scene? We know it is really simple, but the crash can be caused by a particular combination of values which can reveal a general problem.

Nikola

2017-10-03, 12:27:37
Reply #43

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your effort guys but looks like c4d users will still be min 10 step behind from  3dsmax users  :\ 

looks like this need a lot of work to do

this release is not usable for us now  we will cam back to the last version

Kind Regards

2017-10-03, 12:50:57
Reply #44

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new version Nikola, the IR is great for new simple scenes and can only get better as the bugs get squashed!

I've uploaded a scene that worked flawlessly in the previous version and crashes immediately on hitting render with the new version.

1507027711_decking-scene-0001.c4d

I'm on Win10 running C4D R19

It uses the forester plugin but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Cheers

2017-10-03, 13:03:11
Reply #45

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your effort guys but looks like c4d users will still be min 10 step behind from  3dsmax users  :\ 
Hi,
are you trying to actively demotivate our developers? Because you are doing good job at it :/. I see how hard they are working every day to beat the C4D APi, which was never designed to support additional renderers. I can only imagine how demotivating must such messages be :/.

I see many people complaining how are 3dsmax renderers better integrated, not just corona. They usually see some conspiration of developers behind it. The sad reality is that C4D API is just worse than 3dsmax API. Integrating any renderer in C4D is just harder, takes longer, and is more limited.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-03, 13:17:28
Reply #46

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile

looks like this need a lot of work to do

this release is not usable for us now  we will cam back to the last version

Kind Regards

Who exactly is "us"? It's working just fine for the majority of "us".. Even in complicated, high poly scenes. (for me at least) This is beyond useless feedback. so unnecessary.

It's just entering the beta stage for gods sake..

2017-10-03, 13:21:08
Reply #47

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
[...]
Who exactly is "us"? It's working just fine for the majority of "us".. Even in complicated, high poly scenes. (for me at least) This is beyond useless feedback. so unnecessary.
[...]

I think he meant his colleagues in the studio...

It's OK to be upset and I understand that Olcay does not want to use the current version until it's more stable. But providing us with useful bugreports is much more constructive in terms of helping us make the plugin more usable!

2017-10-03, 13:23:11
Reply #48

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new version Nikola, the IR is great for new simple scenes and can only get better as the bugs get squashed!

I've uploaded a scene that worked flawlessly in the previous version and crashes immediately on hitting render with the new version.

Cheers

This happened to me when trying to open/render any projects created in the alpha, with the beta versions.

It was an easy fix for me.. I just merged the scene into a new scene in C4D.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03, 13:37:11 by notalk »

2017-10-03, 13:29:31
Reply #49

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
[...]
[...]

I think he meant his colleagues in the studio...

It's OK to be upset and I understand that Olcay does not want to use the current version until it's more stable. But providing us with useful bugreports is much more constructive in terms of helping us make the plugin more usable!

Exactly my point.. not the least bit constructive. I'm impressed by your composure in dealing with comments like that..  they would drive me insane if i were in your position.

Keep up the great work!!

2017-10-03, 13:30:46
Reply #50

Mac_Mac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Mac_Mac,

Could you send us the crashing scene? We know it is really simple, but the crash can be caused by a particular combination of values which can reveal a general problem.

Nikola

Sure :)

2017-10-03, 15:38:24
Reply #51

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This happened to me when trying to open/render any projects created in the alpha, with the beta versions.

It was an easy fix for me.. I just merged the scene into a new scene in C4D.

Thanks for this workaround notalk, seems to work in this case.

2017-10-03, 17:02:42
Reply #52

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
are you trying to actively demotivate our developers? Because you are doing good job at it :/. I see how hard they are working every day to beat the C4D APi, which was never designed to support additional renderers. I can only imagine how demotivating must such messages be :/.

I see many people complaining how are 3dsmax renderers better integrated, not just corona. They usually see some conspiration of developers behind it. The sad reality is that C4D API is just worse than 3dsmax API. Integrating any renderer in C4D is just harder, takes longer, and is more limited.

Hi Ondra Of course I am not trying to demotivate developers  unlike we are((we: me and my company))  always ready for help  as I said before here and also as I did before
Many times we sended emails for this reason maybe  developers need more heavy and complex sceenes for testing here we have tthousands of complex scenees  we said if you need we can send them also but nobody did not want us to do something... So if I am writing here like those kind of words is it because we are lositng our motivation to using Corona daily 
if you can look our webside you will see that last 2 years we did many sucsessfull jobs with using Corona... I means we really want to use Corona in our all works  in future also . After all that if you really believe I am trying to demotivate developers? and than maybe you can contact with me via by my email maybe I can find a way to change your mind :)) 

Before many times in this forum I said we realy love corona and we are still happy with it .But you must accept that especially last one year(after aplha5) developing "corona for C4D" was little slower than before. we not started to use this render engine one week ago :) so we can understand the differences between developing process. We sended a lot of time bug report area or here bugs about corona but those bugs  are still with us and sometimes with some daily releases it is more worse then before.... Every morning our first job is looking daily page and refreshing it maybe there is a new version...After trying new versions I think it is very normal  if we are sad about when we realise that those "bugs" still not fixed... Believe me last one year we(me and some of another CG artists aroound me) was feeling this sadness all the time. On the other hand,  another thing that upsets us is that we learned that "vray" bought "corona" So a lot of CG artist around me here started to think that Corona will die in future . I can not say that I did not justify them, because if a program in the CG community buys another program, the purchased program has never been good for the future. It was always what happened in the past, please correct me if I think wrong.

So... After those kind of negative thoughts  it is very normal to write here some of my negative words but  I apologize if my words were very offensive to others.....
if you say "Olcay" please do not write anything here again. I can keep my mouth closed forever :). But please take note of what we have said above because we have been using this program for a long time and planing to use it as well So after this moment maybe Developers can decide to test Corona not only with themselves but also with our help..  And than maybe we can put here more and usefull releases...

For now this is all What I want to say 

Thanks for your effort

Kind Regars

Olcay KAYIHAN

2017-10-03, 17:22:04
Reply #53

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is not that we do not want to see anything negative, it was just the way it looked (or the way I understood it) - that c4d will be always behind. Lets illustrate with difference between these two sentences:
1) You did the job poorly
2) You will never do the job right

The first one might be very direct and harsh, but it is just a fact. The second one - that is just offensive and demotivating. I understood your message as the second one, even though it might not be your intention

2017-10-03, 17:40:52
Reply #54

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is not that we do not want to see anything negative, it was just the way it looked (or the way I understood it) - that c4d will be always behind. Lets illustrate with difference between these two sentences:
1) You did the job poorly
2) You will never do the job right

The first one might be very direct and harsh, but it is just a fact. The second one - that is just offensive and demotivating. I understood your message as the second one, even though it might not be your intention

yeah 
it was not my intention but I hope you got my message....
I dont want to harsh I want to help and we are ready for help
 those all what I write my real feelings now  Maybe I must choose another words I dont know but they are real...

2017-10-03, 17:48:10
Reply #55

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra Of course I am not trying to demotivate developers [...]

Thanks for your thoughts, Olcay!

Don't worry, we're not demotivated :-) Quite the contrary, actually. We are finishing the Interactive Rendering project, which cost us a lot of effort and which has stalled the development of the plugin for some time now, so good times are ahead of us! But you can surely understand that if there is some type of negative comments over and over again, it can make us sad for a moment and that's what made Ondra so jumpy.

I understand your concerns and I know it can be frustrating to see the same bugs reappear or not be fixed, but as said before, we concentrated our efforts on IR now and couldn't do much else. We will be able to do some bug fixing now, especially with the help of you guys, the awesome Corona community. I personally am always very grateful for every single bug report, because it helps us discover stuff that we might never come across. Believe it or not, we don't use C4D so much as you do guys, so it's easier for you to spot a bug than for us.

About the merger with VRay - there already has been a lot of words being said about that. Let me just say one thing - all the fears and worries are kind of understandable, but only time can prove them wrong, so bear with us, please!

Don't worry, you were not really offensive, just unconstructive, I'd say. But this longer post that you wrote is actually a better way to share your worries and thoughts, so thank you for it! Olcay, please DO write here again! :-)

Regards,

Cestmir Houska

2017-10-03, 17:55:27
Reply #56

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Well played everyone :)

Kind of on the topic and kind of not, I have been meaning to ask if the C4D API is getting any better / more documented with the recent releases? With the new viewport and the new core I am wondering if the API and the documentation is getting any more dev friendly?

I'm just curious, as always :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-10-03, 18:10:25
Reply #57

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra Of course I am not trying to demotivate developers [...]

Thanks for your thoughts, Olcay!

Don't worry, we're not demotivated :-) Quite the contrary, actually. We are finishing the Interactive Rendering project, which cost us a lot of effort and which has stalled the development of the plugin for some time now, so good times are ahead of us! But you can surely understand that if there is some type of negative comments over and over again, it can make us sad for a moment and that's what made Ondra so jumpy.

I understand your concerns and I know it can be frustrating to see the same bugs reappear or not be fixed, but as said before, we concentrated our efforts on IR now and couldn't do much else. We will be able to do some bug fixing now, especially with the help of you guys, the awesome Corona community. I personally am always very grateful for every single bug report, because it helps us discover stuff that we might never come across. Believe it or not, we don't use C4D so much as you do guys, so it's easier for you to spot a bug than for us.

About the merger with VRay - there already has been a lot of words being said about that. Let me just say one thing - all the fears and worries are kind of understandable, but only time can prove them wrong, so bear with us, please!

Don't worry, you were not really offensive, just unconstructive, I'd say. But this longer post that you wrote is actually a better way to share your worries and thoughts, so thank you for it! Olcay, please DO write here again! :-)

Regards,

Cestmir Houska

Thank you for your kindly answer :) 

you are guessing that we spend our every day with Corona like you , and of course we have some positive and negative thoughts on this issue. if it is not problem   I would like to share my thoughts with you all the time :D

another think abouth merger with vray is ok  we will see  as you said only time can show us what will happen in future and I hope I am wrong  in my guess 

Good luck for developing and as you know we are here for any helping

and next time please dont make any test with  only one cube and one light on the scene :DD  I can sen to you more complex ones :D

Kind Regards

Olcay KAYIHAN

2017-10-03, 19:19:15
Reply #58

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The way C4D handles things seems to be pretty different from the way Max handles them. Well, Max is kind of industry standard now, if C4D had been there before it, things might be the other way round now ;)
Also, it seems to be hard to make use of the new viewport properties with external renderers, because of a poor documentation - no chance to blame the Corona team here (or the VrayforC4D one).
Being a former user of VrayforC4D (well, I still use 1.9 occasionally, but since I am stuck with R17 there, I use it less and less), I had more than one "discussion" with Stefan (Illab, the boss of the VrayforC4D team) about how things evolve with "our" version of Vray. It seems that devs have to "hack" into OpenGL as C4D uses it to improve the representation of models with "foreign" materials in the viewport (forgive my clumsy wording, I am not a coder, except for 3 or 4 line of Python I may have written ;))
Especially with material stacking, which is a dear and needed feature for me, I see some big issues coming to the Corona team. Stefan (also more than once ;)) explained to me that for making stacking work with polygon selections (which is essential workflow in C4D), C4D would have to suppord mapping per material channel. So, up to now, VrayforC4d still lacks this ability.

Please, Corona team, show your new "partners" how things are done properly ;)

All the best,
Michael

2017-10-04, 16:10:07
Reply #59

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Cheers

Hi 4b4,

thank you for the scene. I successfully reproduced the bug and I am looking what is the problem now.

Nikola

2017-10-04, 16:15:56
Reply #60

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was too impatient. Open a scene, turn on IR but AR was selected. So, C4D launches the picture viewer. Oh, I've done a mistake. Select Corona Renderer and crash…

If Corona is not selected when you launch IR, please add a pop-up to prevent crashes.

2017-10-06, 06:09:34
Reply #61

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I was too impatient. Open a scene, turn on IR but AR was selected. So, C4D launches the picture viewer. Oh, I've done a mistake. Select Corona Renderer and crash…

If Corona is not selected when you launch IR, please add a pop-up to prevent crashes.

Something similar to that would be nice. Octane or Arnold just start with their engines(even though not selected) when hitting the IPR button.

I recently made some corona specific material previews for myself and choosing them, even though I had a normal/native c4d shader, the corona preview scene was loaded and things like diffuse map, reflection settings were added to the preview.(Didn't know about but it's kinda cool to have your native shader and see a corona preview)

2017-10-13, 22:15:36
Reply #62

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi @all,

did something change in the Environment section? I mean does it work now? Can I use any texture/material in the "Direct Visible" in the Interactive Renderer?
« Last Edit: 2017-10-15, 02:07:11 by vedat.afuzi.design »

2017-10-19, 23:54:25
Reply #63

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for the fast and nice support...

2017-10-20, 09:28:26
Reply #64

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay. I just tested this with C4D R19 and the newest daily build, and it's still unsupported in IR.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-20, 10:47:37
Reply #65

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thank you for the fast and nice support...

Sorry for that, if we can, we usually respond as soon as we notice the new question. On the other hand, you posted your question in a completely different topic with a caption "Beta Tomorrow?"...

If you want fast responses, please create a new topic or post into a relevant thread.

2017-10-20, 23:56:49
Reply #66

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, but I am still on R18. Still not supported?

2017-10-23, 12:00:17
Reply #67

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It seems it is not yet supported in any version.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us