Author Topic: First Post & First Render with Corona  (Read 1687 times)

2017-03-06, 02:39:35

chae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is my first post in the Gallery and first real render with Corona Alpha for Cinema 4D

Customer wanted a visual for a prototype fire & unit assembly. I could have spent more time with the wood pile but due to timeframe used a 3D Sky model. Also need to work on how to get a bit more glow coming from the flames but will look at that when I've a bit of spare time.

Have been working with Thea in the past and after this project I prefer Corona but would love to see an nice material UI like they do, also they have a nice "add backdrop" to sky system.

Will be happy when the VFB becomes real time interactive

2017-03-06, 06:58:54
Reply #1

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
Hi,
for the first job it is okay. Some deatails I would improve.
The background is too saturated, and the chimney including TV does not have any detail anymore.
The contrast is too high. Most of the parts are completely black  Maybe you make an interiorlight. Play with the exposure.
The fire is great.
It is a big advantage, that you can already during the rendering improve your settings in the postproduction. I love it.
Keep on going.
My attachment was made just with Photoshop
« Last Edit: 2017-03-06, 07:06:35 by Flamingo »

2017-03-06, 07:48:54
Reply #2

chae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Yah Flamingo,  I totally agree with everything you say and I had the contrast knocked up and the front of the image a lot lighter BUT unfortunately the look you see was what the client wanted :(  The image for the background was provided by the client and not changed.

I have noticed also the image on the forum is darker than the one uploaded !!

I'll see if I can get some of the earlier shot from the client