Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088653 times)

2016-10-31, 15:55:27
Reply #990

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
@danielhagene: Please update to the latest CoronaConverter version v1.30 , it's already fixed there :)

Iray material: I've written a conversion for iray to corona, and integrated it in Martin's script. I've emailed Martin the script so he can integrate it in the official release.
Fantastic! Is the Iray Material compatible with this operation?
Sorry I don't really understand the question
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-11-03, 10:27:49
Reply #991

ler01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@DeadClown ok. So maybe it would be more useful to make an option to convert all vrayedgetex to coronaroundedges. Because I think in vray varyedgestex is more often used in bump slot than in other, or it's just me)

2016-11-07, 11:42:54
Reply #992

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heya Dennis ;-)

Iray material is compatible. Thats basically the one I wrote. So in many cases it will generate a CoronaLayeredMaterial cause of the layering  in the IrayMaterial. Flakes are not supported, and the iray matte environment as well...

2016-11-07, 13:35:57
Reply #993

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Heya Dennis ;-)

Iray material is compatible. Thats basically the one I wrote. So in many cases it will generate a CoronaLayeredMaterial cause of the layering  in the IrayMaterial. Flakes are not supported, and the iray matte environment as well...

Great! :)

2016-11-07, 16:10:38
Reply #994

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Uhm... It might be that I forgot to implement the actual function call for the iray_material conversion. But can't have been such a problem since nobody complained about it ;)

Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.31 - [2016/11/07]
  • actually hooked up the iray material this time + some bugfixes for max 2014

@DeadClown ok. So maybe it would be more useful to make an option to convert all vrayedgetex to coronaroundedges. Because I think in vray varyedgestex is more often used in bump slot than in other, or it's just me)
I'll check that!

2016-11-24, 16:34:22
Reply #995

acrobaticpoly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AcrobaticPoly
Hi,

I was asked to post this onto this forum from the Converter plugin from 3DS Max, assuming it's your way to figure any problems users run into, which is great idea.

I've attached the error report to this email in Txt format.

Thanks,
EB.
Photos: https://vsco.co/egyptianblue/gallery
"I am out with lanterns, looking for myself."

2016-11-28, 12:57:43
Reply #996

Yehat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Conversion of proxy objects is not working.

2016-11-28, 14:11:44
Reply #997

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I was asked to post this onto this forum from the Converter plugin from 3DS Max, assuming it's your way to figure any problems users run into, which is great idea.

I've attached the error report to this email in Txt format.
Thanks for your report :) I'll look into it.

Conversion of proxy objects is not working.
I can't do anything with that amount of information. What exactly isn't working? Any error messages? Max version? Corona version? Vray version?

2016-11-29, 17:25:51
Reply #998

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I never went through all 67 pages but is it possible to add the capability to convert mental ray's photometric lights to corona lights?  Many of my models and scenes are originally mental ray-based and it would be great if the converter could convert those lights too.

Thanks,
Tanner

2016-12-02, 16:39:30
Reply #999

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hm, I'm unable to reproduce this problem. Can you send me a maxfile with one of those photometric lights?

I never went through all 67 pages but is it possible to add the capability to convert mental ray's photometric lights to corona lights?  Many of my models and scenes are originally mental ray-based and it would be great if the converter could convert those lights too.
At the moment, the converter does convert the shadow type of those lights. So they should at least render. But I realized that the shape itself is not represented sufficiently. No idea why I didn't do it earlier but I will put it on the todo list. I will convert all photometric lights which have a light shape that can be converted to Corona lights. Thanks for the pointer! :)

2016-12-06, 13:32:00
Reply #1000

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi DeadClown. Got this ErrorReport when trying to convert some Vray materials.

2017-01-20, 10:19:58
Reply #1001

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Sorry for the very late reply Proh. It got lost during the christmas madness =/
If you still remember, are those maps existing at this path or have those been linked to an invalid path?

2017-01-20, 17:26:16
Reply #1002

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Well I forgot all about myself, so can't give an answer. Can't even remember what file I was converting :(

I'll let you know if I'm having this error again.

2017-01-24, 22:52:44
Reply #1003

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Warning about autodesk materials pops up with every native max material, even with standard one. Is this intentional? Converter version 1.31
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-01-24, 22:55:41
Reply #1004

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Definitely not intentional, but this is also the first time I hear of it. I haven't changed anything in the adesk materials mechanics for years. Does it still happen if you save the scene? Have you been importing stuff (objs, fbx, maybe merge) ? Which max version is it?