Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088548 times)

2014-03-23, 03:49:36
Reply #240

CeBeP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Script is not converting VRayDirt maps to CoronaAO anymore - its still VRayDirt, but attached to CoronaMtl after converting. Is it only my problem? Could somebody test it?

2014-03-23, 06:10:33
Reply #241

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Script is not converting VRayDirt maps to CoronaAO anymore - its still VRayDirt, but attached to CoronaMtl after converting. Is it only my problem? Could somebody test it?
i have the same problem

2014-03-23, 10:19:39
Reply #242

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Strange, it works here - maybe you both got some cyrilic material/map names or something, that may be stupid suggestion and I don't know if that matters to the converter at all, but at least if there are some cyrilic names in those materials it may be worth trying to rename those before converting to see how it fares then.   
« Last Edit: 2014-03-23, 10:23:32 by antanas »

2014-03-23, 10:34:57
Reply #243

CeBeP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe. I'm just keep using 0.14, a little bit rewrited to work with A6 ))

2014-03-23, 11:34:24
Reply #244

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Works here, but there may be a very specific error in your case which is suppressed by the try/catch expression around it.
@xt13r or @CeBeP  can one of you send me a material that is not working? as a matlib oder maxfile. I'll fix it asap.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-03-23, 13:36:32
Reply #245

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working fine here, you have to be a bit more specific of what exactly does not work. Do you mean the "normal bump" map or something else?

if you want i can send you the model that has the problem

2014-03-23, 13:40:30
Reply #246

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
if you want i can send you the model that has the problem
Yes, that would be helpful. Pre-conversion and post-conversion if possible :)

2014-03-23, 18:46:00
Reply #247

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-03-23, 23:08:04
Reply #248

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Back in the days i use this useful script to mass tune converting huge scenes from Standard to Vray, now i'm converting from Vray to Corona.

Very usefull to fine tune materials on mass scale.

Like you said it may be a pain in the ass to add something like that to your (extremely useful by the way) converter (i have not knowledge of maxscript whatsoever) so i let this lines of code here so maybe you can understand how to achieve such thing.

Is a more friendly way to edit materials than the Zorb script (more newbie aimed). XD.

Greetings
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-03-24, 19:33:40
Reply #249

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
your mail?
You got a PM :)

Like you said it may be a pain in the ass to add something like that to your (extremely useful by the way) converter (i have not knowledge of maxscript whatsoever) so i let this lines of code here so maybe you can understand how to achieve such thing.
Thanks for sharing this script, it's throwing errors here and unfortunately it doesn't say who wrote it but as you can see, this one has about 3 times as much code as the whole material converter :D Guess why...

2014-03-29, 00:59:50
Reply #250

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I just fixed a massive slowdown (you can't even call it this way anymore) when the script is used in scenes with several thousands of objects all using one or several multimaterials. It was one of the last remains of what I used from the original vray scene converter and I replaced it with something faster - hopefully still working fine. It's now just a couple of seconds, instead of minutes (or hours...). Did someone actually ever use the corona mtl converter with such a scene :D ?

Please report if there are any (new?) issues.

changelog:
*v0.16
  • changed the way materials are collected and processed, huge speedup in scenes with thousands of objects using multimaterials
  • simple TopBottom material conversion added

« Last Edit: 2014-03-29, 01:03:29 by DeadClown »

2014-03-29, 01:33:20
Reply #251

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can test it against scenes with huge material count on monday. Great work.

2014-03-29, 23:52:45
Reply #252

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did someone actually ever use the corona mtl converter with such a scene :D ?

I experienced that symptom while converting laubwerk tree, the converter felt like converting all potential slots (9999 per multimaterial) while only 7~9 were used. But I'm not sure it-s same situation as you described or a specific case.
I'll check on monday.

2014-03-30, 00:01:32
Reply #253

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I experienced that symptom while converting laubwerk tree, the converter felt like converting all potential slots (9999 per multimaterial) while only 7~9 were used. But I'm not sure it-s same situation as you described or a specific case.
I'll check on monday.
It's actually doing something like that. However, this is not correlated to the issue mentioned above but it loops through all submaterials up to (afair) ID 1000, which they used. I don't know why laubwerk did such a thing but imho it's not a very smart design.

2014-04-01, 20:41:07
Reply #254

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A little stress test with v 0.16

45 seconds in total.

Greetings