Author Topic: Animation random flick ((  (Read 6053 times)

2014-10-06, 10:59:24

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear comunity and developers. Im on fire. terms goes to the end. But i cant do nothing more. We calculate a lot of sequences. Some of them looks perfect. But in some scenes its flicking a lot and i dont know what to do. We test all possible methods of calculation secondary GI. I read all topics about it on this forum. Maby, damn, maby i lose some. plz help! Tell about yours methods of animation workflow in corona.

2014-10-06, 11:08:28
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Flashes are too same and too regular. I am not sure that's HDcache. Is it rendered on single PC or multiple machines? Seems like some of the machines render something differently. OR problem could be due to the camera clipping, if you use it.

2014-10-06, 11:34:11
Reply #2

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Its rendered on the local renderfarm via 18 pc's

2014-10-06, 11:36:16
Reply #3

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rawalanche, yes camera cliping used. Is it known bug? But on other scenes with cliping it was ok. I saw that some flicks comes from complex materials. so for animation we are not using complex shades.

2014-10-06, 11:52:27
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This might be a completely stupid idea but it's what came to my mind first:
The flickering in the fireplace is intentional, right? I can see that the flickering in other parts is kind of related with the flickering inside the fireplace. Didn't you for example instance the light that is inside the fireplace into other places? Did you try making clay renders?

I can also see a curtain or some other geometry being sliced at the beginning of the sequence, in the far left side of the screen.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-10-06, 12:08:50
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
First, i would check if specific computers do not produce different frames. To me it looks more like some computers rendering out slightly different frames, than GI flickering. Only if you rule out that problem, then try to check if the problem is related to camera clipping, by either moving camera forward inside the room, or extruding the wall camera is looking through backwards, so camera is in the room.

2014-10-06, 12:15:01
Reply #6

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maru, fireplace have an invisible sphere with the same animated texture as fireplane. To simulate correct lightflicks from fire. Yes maby it is, but in another scene, plz see attach it is ok! No we not rey to make clay. But this is idea. Short terms ((

2014-10-06, 13:06:39
Reply #7

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
My first guess is....maybe one or more PC in your renderfarm didnt render well.
I know this issue myself....also with other renderers.

I suggest u check your animation frame by frame and try to find out if specific Workstations caused the problem.
(Check the gamma settings...this might be the problem. Especcially the input gamme for all textures.)

If yes re render the false frames with the rest of yout workstations.

Greetz

Lucutus

2014-10-06, 14:43:46
Reply #8

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it is HD Cache, I had similar problems with a project.

What are your HD Cache interpolation accuracy settings?

Anyways, just to be sure, make a render test of 10 frames or so in a smaller scale with and without the fireplace, becuase it may be related to HD Cache but with the fireplace and the indirect lighting it generates. (shooting in the dark hehehe)

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-06, 14:47:51 by juang3d »

2014-10-06, 14:50:02
Reply #9

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
juang3d, 2-80-3. tnx i will try.

2014-10-08, 18:25:05
Reply #10

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Solved.
So while i was drunk to death a few weeks by divorecement with wife, some pc's was reinstalled. And ofcource nobody tell me. And no service packs of 3dsmax on new machines. So thnk you all :) Corona rocks.

2014-10-08, 19:48:09
Reply #11

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was the lack of servicepack's on some machines causing those animation flicks?.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-10-09, 11:23:33
Reply #12

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It flicks because of service packs absence. Just a difference in gamma interpretation between machines with SP and not.

2014-10-24, 12:11:32
Reply #13

renom2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
#6 i dont understand, how can i denoise my renders like this,. how much for frame rendertimes, and what settings are u using?