Author Topic: Gamma input override for drag&drop bitmaps - with Corona Color Correct  (Read 2801 times)

2018-08-23, 12:40:33

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hey guys,

I've tried to search for an answer here but there were so many threads about gamma settings I wouldn't have time to go through all of them.. If it was already discussed, please point me to the right direction..)

What I am curious about is whether I can use CoronaColorCorrect map to adjust gamma input for bump/displacement maps and get exact results .. (normal maps have this add gamma input checker)

I've become quite keen on drag&drop of bitmaps - much faster mostly when there is numerous maps for single material - but by doing this I can't get to gamma override settings which usually comes when selecting a bitmap by default - meaning all bitmaps load with 2.2 gamma from settings (I guess).

Is it somehow possible to change gamma input for a bitmap while it is already loaded in 3dsmax editor?

For example by using CoronaColorCorrect map - let's say I load map with gamma 1.0 and then change the gamma in the map settings to 0.455 - would it be the same as loading bitmap with 2.2?
And therefore if I drag&drop bitmap with auto 2.2 gamma and use CoronaColorCorrect with gamma value of 2.2 - would it behave as a bitmap was loaded with gamma 1.0?
Just a thought if I can overcome this bothering loading and browsing for a correct bitmap in max editor - which is quite laggy when scene is heavy..

Thank you for your opinions! If there is any other way how to do this - change gamma for drag&drop bitmaps - I'd be thankful to know more :)
Anyway, Good luck with your projects,

Cheers, David
« Last Edit: 2018-08-23, 13:25:33 by David Males »

2018-08-23, 18:59:02
Reply #1

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Try using Pixamoon gamma script.  It costs $4 but worth it.

2018-10-01, 22:35:57
Reply #2

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery

Try using Pixamoon gamma script.  It costs $4 but worth it.

Sorry I did not respond! I've check the script and bought it:) Works perfectly thanks for the advice!

2019-03-20, 10:28:36
Reply #3

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hey guys, sorry for opening this thread again but I was wondering, is there any way to setup drag&drop bitmaps to load directly as Corona Bitmaps, or is it necessary to use Corona Converter for these kind of imported bitmaps? What I really hate about the usual right-clicking (Maps - Corona - CoronaBitmap) workflow is that it always start at a predetermined folder which is often a pain in the ass when loading large amount of bitmaps .. 

Thank you in advance!