Author Topic: Monitor advice needed, Apple Cinema Displays in the office  (Read 1215 times)

2018-02-15, 15:10:37

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I would need your advice regarding alternative monitor to the currently owned Apple Cinema Display.
I am working as a visualiser in architectural office where majority of staff works on Macs. 3D vis team is working on PCs, using some spare 27'' Apple Cinema Displays.

We're now looking for change in our dual monitor setups. That means leaving one ACD as a supportive monitor and buying the better one for the main screen.
And here are the questions:

1. How would you compare the quality of ACD display to other monitors available in the similar price range (~500gpb)? Perhaps current 2x27"'ACD is rather a decent setup?
Personally I can't complain about the ACD, but I've never really worked on anything else within this price range, so it's hard for me to compare. (I own Dell U2414H at home)

2. Is it worth getting 4k monitor, and having 27" ACD as a secondary screen? I've read some opinions that 4k monitors are not the best for 3ds Max and Corona use?
But maybe using 4k for Photoshop, and 27'' ACD for 3ds Max would be a good option?

3. If in your opinion everything BUT Apple Cinema Display will be better for Archviz then what models would you recommend within this budget? Was looking at Dell U2715H, can you suggest anything else?

Thank you!