Author Topic: how to stop my corona license on a friends computer remotely  (Read 5739 times)

2017-02-08, 03:16:39

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
my license is fairSaaS. 3-4 days ago i went to a friend's office and work there with my corona license in their computer. but i just remember that i forgot to remove my license. now the problem is i got some accident which makes me got no possibility to physically go back to that office and remove the license . can you guys help me how do i somehow stop all my active license? is this just as simple as changing the password so that it makes that computer unable to extends the license automatically?

2017-02-08, 11:44:08
Reply #1

SHORT CUTS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • SHORT CUTS
Calling your friends office isnt an option? guess thats the fastest way....

2017-02-08, 11:53:45
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Technical support, licensing questions, order issues:    support@corona-renderer.com

2017-02-08, 13:06:27
Reply #3

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio

Maybe the "accident" is that they are not friends anymore ;D
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2017-02-08, 17:40:00
Reply #4

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe even more, now he is an enemy =)

2017-02-09, 02:37:59
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
technically the one i called friend is a business partner, but as the time goes by i called him a friend, till that day haha :)
:) no possibility for this solution I guess, because I know he will use the license even though he say "ok, i have removed your license from my computer"

sadly, that's the bad happened fact

maybe even more, now he is an enemy =)
i never have any enemy :D

Technical support, licensing questions, order issues:    support@corona-renderer.com
thanks i'll contact them via that email,  but i think it is better for every user to know how to solve this when they face the problem like i did.

2017-02-09, 14:32:08
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
technically the one i called friend is a business partner, but as the time goes by i called him a friend, till that day haha :)
:) no possibility for this solution I guess, because I know he will use the license even though he say "ok, i have removed your license from my computer"

i never have any enemy :D

With friends like that, who needs enemies? :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-02-15, 03:02:37
Reply #7

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
sorry for bump this thread, any official opinion for this? i cant wait the test about if change my password will automatically prevent corona extending the license it self.
then this problem forced me to use all of my memories+imagination about every spy movies I watched and seriously finally i used "secret agent method" to solve this... just like james bond or any secret agent movies to do the high risk secret task. haha.. jeezuss, i cant believe what i did, how i had to find the insiders to do the task, how i explain the problem and strategies (plan A, plan B, hahaha), how the "secretagent" did it minutes by minutes with his problem reports, how i solve the obstacles, how she send me the rendersetup photo as the proof the license was removed and the task was completed. but it works and i really really did it.. i know it looks like i overcomplicate the problem, but trust me the real problem doesn't as simple as you think.
i know that was very stupidly crazy but even though the problems is already cleared, i think i still need to hear official team solution or at least opinions.

2017-02-16, 13:29:02
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry, but for some reason I thought that this thread is about something completely different, and I saw some replies in it, so I mistakenly assumed that the issue is solved.
Next time, as suggested in the thread already, please contact us at support@corona-renderer.com. We would just deactivate your license, and you could activate it again on any computer you wish. There are also probably some other options, but we could discuss it only after you would have contacted us.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-02-20, 04:29:47
Reply #9

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi, sorry, but for some reason I thought that this thread is about something completely different, and I saw some replies in it, so I mistakenly assumed that the issue is solved.
Next time, as suggested in the thread already, please contact us at support@corona-renderer.com. We would just deactivate your license, and you could activate it again on any computer you wish. There are also probably some other options, but we could discuss it only after you would have contacted us.
Hi Maru :)
thanx for quick response in freshdesk support. really apprecieate it. Now I have the solution for future similar problems and the ticket is closed now. thanks

2017-02-20, 15:40:24
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
just for the record, yes, changing password is the best option ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)