Author Topic: Black dots and light areas  (Read 1614 times)

2023-08-21, 10:26:44

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I'm working on interior renderings, and a few issues have arisen in the renders. First and foremost, I'd want to underline that it occurred as soon as I began working on the final HI-RES renders - 4k and 8k resolution, mainly the 8k causes problems. I used SUN and two SKY objects to light the scene. One is used to regulate the illumination - GI calculations - while the other SKY object is used to control reflection and refraction using light material. Initially, I used three SKY objects, one for GI, one for Refraction, and one for Reflection, and the problems were even worse. As soon as I submit the project, I will mention further obstacles that I have experienced.

Do you have any clue why the black dots and light spots appeared?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2023-08-21, 10:41:20 by LeSill »

2023-08-21, 10:53:55
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, can you try disabling the Adaptive light solver in the Corona performance settings and let us know if that helps?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-08-21, 11:02:44
Reply #2

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It had no effect. The black areas appeared in various locations. They occurred after about 40 samples. It is OK when I disable the second SKY object and leave only one responsible for GI, REFLECTION, and REFRACTION. However, having SKY object power set to 1 frequently results in good interior lighting but too much reflection. That is why I usually utilize two or three SKY objects to attain the greatest results. When I rendered previews at HD resolution 1920x1080, the issues did not occur.

ONE MORE QUESTION. Is it possible to save VIRTUAL BEAUTY PASS with alpha channel? It is quite necessary but it seems to be NOT possible.
« Last Edit: 2023-08-21, 12:29:57 by LeSill »

2023-08-21, 13:11:58
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, what version of Corona are you using? Is it hotfix 1 or older? As for the second question, are you using the multipass at all? Finally, are you able to share your scene with us or a stripped back version of it? If so, please use the link in my signature below.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-08-21, 17:16:17
Reply #4

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I saved the layers/passes in 16bit PNG format. This format doesn't support alpha channel for layers?
For the Corona version please see the attached image.
I will try to share the project with you.

2023-08-23, 15:08:24
Reply #5

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, what version of Corona are you using? Is it hotfix 1 or older? As for the second question, are you using the multipass at all? Finally, are you able to share your scene with us or a stripped back version of it? If so, please use the link in my signature below.

Hello there,
I found that the issue with black dots and other abnormalities emerged in the PV rather than the VFB. It did appear in VFB, albeit much later than in PV. Another significant note is that the issue with artifacts is in the BEAUTY pass. The artifacts aren't visible in the LIGHTMIX pass. Unfortunately, when I save the LIGHTMIX pass as a PNG file, the alpha channel is not saved.