Author Topic: New Corona Lister for C4D Feedback  (Read 2881 times)

2023-06-14, 17:27:06

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi all,

In Corona 10 daily builds we introduce the Corona Lister for C4D. Here are just some of its features:
- Separate tabs for Camera's, Lights, and, Proxies. More coming soon.
- Easily adjust multiple parameters in Lights, Proxies or a Camera's focal length, FOV or enable/disable DOF for example.
- You can rename items if need be.
- You can hide and unhide columns.
- Columns can be customized to your liking.
Note #1: We are aware that the UI might need some more polishing.
Note #2: We already have some further improvements on our TODOs, so stay tuned for updates!

We are curious about your feedback: Is everything working as expected? Would you like to see some improvements in the UI and functionality? Is this something you will be commonly using in your projects?

Thanks in advance and happy listing! ;)

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-06-15, 09:20:32
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
New in RC2 daily build:

- Chaos Scatter tab added
- Corona Light material can now be added to the Lights tab
- Displacement tab added for Corona materials

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-06-15, 19:18:50
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haven't tried this yet, but am wondering exactly what it is. Is this a place to drop frequently used items and be able to access the settings all in one place? Something like that?

2023-06-15, 19:32:51
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nope, it's a place to see all things in the scene that are of one type in one place, and adjust the most commonly adjusted settings etc. So you get to see all lights in a scene (lights, light materials, suns, skies), all displacement from all materials in the scene, all cameras in the scene, and so forth. Saves you hunting through the scene explorer to find them all, and let's you do things like turn off all displacement for testing (well, displacement materials), or check the settings of one light against another and then adjust, or see all scatters and change the display mode of each or turn some on and off, and so on and so forth.

(So you were almost right, only you don't pick what it shows, it finds and shows everything in the category for that tab automatically)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-06-15, 19:35:45
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh nice. That does sound very hand indeed. Thanks for the info.

2023-06-15, 21:20:13
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You're welcome!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-06-16, 14:42:48
Reply #6

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wowie Zowie! I am loving this addition. Especially adding displacement. I've been wishing for this from day one.
I did notice under the Camera tab, that if I enter a number into the Focal Length, nothing happens. But if I use the up and down arrows, it works.
I am fine with the UI. It's a utility, and it's easy to figure out.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-16, 14:46:40 by Pepelecrabb »

2023-06-16, 15:03:52
Reply #7

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, I just checked this and it seems to be working here. Are you using MacOS or Win? What version of Cinema are you using also?

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-06-17, 14:11:32
Reply #8

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am on Windows 10. Latest version of everything.
Upon further trials...if I enter a number and hit return it works fine, if I enter a number and click on another field, the number holds but there is no effect. I would have to go back and click on the focal length field and hit return. It appears that is the case for all the numerical inputs.
No biggie now that I know.

2023-06-18, 14:36:41
Reply #9

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, another though...It would be nice, along with Displacement perhaps to have another tab for Preview.
I often turn up the materials preview to a higher resolution when working on an objects UVs and invariably forget to turn it back down to default when I move on.
I assume that higher preview resolutions slow the view port.