Author Topic: Current state of IrradianceCache ?  (Read 3825 times)

2013-10-16, 16:39:56

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hey guys,

I am currently looking into rendering two quite long animations (2-3 minutes...fullHD). Even with basically 24(48) cores I have,
this is problem a bit, as optimising fully glossy, lot of GI interiors under 1 hour per frame with path-tracing isn't that easy or always possible.

I am not really sure I want to go back to Vray with this, which is what I use for animations currently with decent success with IR plus
precomputed LC. Outside of camera, there is nothing moving, so this solutions is alright for my work.

I've read that IR isn't currently production ready, but does that still hold true ? What would be the best option for interior animation currently within Corona ?

Thank you
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-10-16, 16:43:30
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it should not be hard to put it back in, but a stable build is still too far away, so unless you have at least another month, then IC is out of question
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-16, 17:07:11
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
No problem than, I use Corona for its path tracing :- ) But it will be good to have the option to use the "high-end" PT/hd for stills and then with simple click have IR/hd fast solution for animation eventually.
Does IR have the option to function progressively ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-10-16, 17:16:10
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-16, 23:49:41
Reply #4

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Juraj_Talcik

you can see a frame with the use of IR?

Thanks
Raf

2013-10-17, 15:09:52
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hello Juraj_Talcik

you can see a frame with the use of IR?

Thanks
Raf

Hmm ? If I can see it ? I can't use IR currently, which is matter of this discussion :- ). And while I quite dislike the IR look (even IR plus local first bounce/DE), it's simply big time saver when it comes to static animations.

2013-10-17, 15:15:19
Reply #6

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looking forward to this also, but these things will take time!

2013-10-17, 18:30:02
Reply #7

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Jurai

Sorry, I was referring to 'IR Vray.
You have a frame?

Is normal that must be implemented this option in CoronaRenderer

Thanks
Raf