Author Topic: Render pases not saving on workstation, but only on render slaves  (Read 2267 times)

2014-11-06, 07:43:53

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have other oddity from new user.
I am submitting via Backburner several images, they all render fine and save the passes in the corresponding folders, but when I fire up render server in my work station (the same that submitted the renders) it does not save the passes, on the beauty pass.
I render the same scene in a render slave and it save everything, beauty and passes.

Thank for your help.
Fco.

2014-11-06, 12:35:37
Reply #1

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
it may sound obvious but, did you check ".../My Documents/3dsmax/renderoutput" ??

2014-11-06, 18:26:02
Reply #2

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well yes and no,  I am saving as EXR and I just write the output path on main "save as" from render panel, but not in the saving passes, and it save everything no problems, but when I run my work station as render slave it won't save the passes.

Also when I submit to back burner, if it is the same scene but different camera, different output, different save folder, still it give me a warning that there is a similar output. but when it save everything is fine.

2014-11-07, 07:45:21
Reply #3

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well I still not sure why I have this problem, but I just find out, that all the passes are saved in to one EXR file, so the beauty pass contain all the other passes, so I guess not everything is lost.
Just post it here if someone else have the same issue.  If you are working with Photoshop you will need the EXR pro plugin to be able to read the multilayer EXR.  NUKE and Fusion seems to read them no problems.

Fco.