Author Topic: How to Exclude an Object from the Reflection Overlay  (Read 903 times)

2023-02-18, 16:52:51

Alexandre Seibert

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm working on a studio scene, where I have objects with a metal texture, but the reflection is turning black, so I decided to use an overlay of reflections with an HDRI, it solved it, but the scene was supposed to be dark where the background was completely black, but since I have a reflection overlay the whole studio is clear because of the reflection.

2023-02-18, 18:16:52
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried simply disabling material in question from being visible in reflections?

2023-02-18, 19:06:20
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is it for 3ds Max, or C4D?

I suppose you are asking about reflection override, not overlay, right? You can override reflections and refractions for specific materials directly in settings and leave global override disabled.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-02-20, 15:31:05
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think sharing the images of what you are getting and what you would like to achieve would help here. Otherwise it is hard to image what the issue is.

I decided to use an overlay of reflections with an HDRI, it solved it, but the scene was supposed to be dark where the background was completely black, but since I have a reflection overlay the whole studio is clear because of the reflection
Do you mean that bright reflections are showing on some of your objects? If so, maybe disabling reflectivity for those objects would help? (either use Corona Physical Mtl and set its IOR to 1, or use Corona Legacy Mtl where you can just completely disable reflections)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us