Author Topic: library  (Read 3265 times)

2021-06-03, 18:23:07

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello!! i downloaded the material library, it's really good to have this base... but i don't know how to install the PKG file?? thanks for your help!

2021-06-03, 19:04:40
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You put the file next to the installer and run the installer.

See https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000036778-how-to-install-the-material-library-in-offline-mode- (same applies to C4D)

Also you don't have to download the mat lib separately it can be installed as part of the installer.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-06-04, 09:43:49
Reply #2

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

if you are on a mac, you should be able to run the .pkg file similarly to how you install Corona. After you do so, it will be ready to use in the Corona Menu.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-06-06, 15:25:40
Reply #3

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you!!! I'm on a PC; I try to re-install (the daily 7), but the library didn't seem to folllow (suppose it will be in "presets"... mmm, so frustrating, but I"m goofy with the install, moist of the times!

2021-06-06, 16:40:56
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The Library does not appear in presets (though to be honest not sure what you mean there), it is it's own thing - interface, materials, functionality, etc. It has a button on the Corona Toolbar, and an entry in the render settings - see https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000039648-how-to-use-the-corona-material-library- :)

2021-06-06, 20:13:24
Reply #5

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tom, the only installer is for version 6 of Corona, ; I tried to launch it, with the library of materials underneath, but in C4d I always have version 7, without library... there is no installer for 7? am I missing something?  in any case, it doesn't work... if I understand correctly, the library should appear in the "corona" palette, and not in the "content browser" of C4d, where the other material folders appear... thanks for your help!

2021-06-07, 09:50:15
Reply #6

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

there is a https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=30837.0 forum thread in which we place builds which are still in development but are builds that users can use and have the newest features (e.g. Material Library now).
Click the latest link and it will take you to google drive, there you can install the .exe and make sure that in Custom, you have Material Library ticket on.

Let me know if you need further assistance,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-06-07, 15:15:19
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, the material library is new in 7 - it won't show using the Corona 6 installer no matter what you do, as it is not in Corona 6 :)