Author Topic: corona and substance  (Read 2923 times)

2020-12-30, 18:52:34

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello! do some of you use substance painter? i'm starting to learn it, the possibilities seem really interesting, but the pre-set "corona" seems to give a curious result: if i understand well the names of the maps, i have the default-diffuse for the diffuse channel, the glossiness and the ior for the reflection channel, ior and glossiness. the rest, normal and displacement, doesn't pose any problem... thanks for all the advices to export "substance" to corona!!!!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

2020-12-30, 22:30:43
Reply #1

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
please share scene or show nodes with settings.
of course you should use a hdri to get a similar result

2020-12-30, 23:07:56
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
IOR map should go into FresnelIOR slot, not into reflection!

It's worth to mention, that Substance Painter preset for Corona gives pretty unsatisfactory results, or at least that was the case few years ago when i checked. There used to be much better export preset by Dubcat, but most of his topics were deleted on the forum and much of invaluable info has been lost - i'm not sure if it's possible to obtain that preset now :[

P.S. next Corona version will support PBR materials directly, so you will be able to export with default metal-rough preset and plug maps into new Corona physical material without hassle.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-12-31, 07:40:33
Reply #3

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To get in corona exact same result as in painter you should work in metallic/roughness workflow in painter, then export textures with Corona preset but slightly modified (see pic.). In Glossiness output  you should replace Glossiness2 map to regular Glossiness, and than import all textures to Max with gamma override 1.0 except Diffuse. And yeah, ior map goes to ior slot) not reflection color, there is separate Reflection map for this purpose.

2020-12-31, 18:15:02
Reply #4

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for answers!!! that said, it's really not friendly, this transfer of textures! I reconstitute the "substance" rendering, but still without the IOR... I also found on the net a solution with a "layered material", but rather complex, and not especially more convincing... it would be nice that the gateway would be easier, and more efficient!!!!

2021-01-01, 13:41:52
Reply #5

celmar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello guys! free publicity (actually, I bought it): the plug in Xolotl for "substance" seems to work very well... Well, I'm at the very beginning of learning substance, but the result of the transfer with this plug in is immediately convincing!

2021-01-02, 20:16:43
Reply #6

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Considering Adobe now owns Substance, and the former head of Adobe now runs Maxon, you would think this could be worked out sooner than later.