Author Topic: Corona & VDB or Alembic (integration with realflow)  (Read 3718 times)

2019-01-27, 15:21:45

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I'm about to start an animation project with realflow -I want to export the meshes of the water & foam from realflow to c4d via VDB or alembic. How does corona for c4d handles those files ?
Kobi

2019-01-27, 17:28:35
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona for 3ds Max does support loading OpenVDB files via the CoronaVolumeGrid but this is not yet added in Corona for C4D - as far as I know, there is no way to import OpenVDB files into Corona for C4D (unless any C4D native loading of OpenVDB works, but I doubt it unfortunately).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-28, 05:47:10
Reply #2

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom, so I'll have to render this project with Vray

2019-01-28, 08:22:17
Reply #3

philistymon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.philiprafferty.ie
Hi, Im rendering a number of shots on a project at the moment, in C4D using Particles, i used a similar workflow with realflow.
• Using X-Particles to create liquid splashes.
• Exporting the Cached mesh as Alembic
• Merging the .abc alembic file into my scenes
• Applying corona materials to the .abc object

Hope that's of some use

2019-01-28, 08:29:02
Reply #4

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi philistymon,
Actually it helps a lot :)
Just to understand the process - Export the meshes of the water & whitewater from Realflow as Alembic and Import to C4D - Than it becomes a C4D file which I can texture with every render engine ?
Kobi

2019-01-28, 20:06:25
Reply #5

philistymon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.philiprafferty.ie
Cool, Yes, select the Meshed simulation, File-Export-Alembic, have a look at the options there, Frame Rate, number of frames etc, fairly intuitive. Save it to your HD.
Then either open, or merge to your existing scene. and you have an animated mesh. I use it for creating reusable things like splashes and liquid sims that can be recycled for other projects quickly. Good luck