Author Topic: Stage Object & How to save CXR  (Read 2608 times)

2019-01-13, 13:19:49

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I'm new to corona, so I'll probably have some silly questions in the near future...
When I have to render a few shots of the same project I put several cameras in the scene and than use the Stage object to animate the cameras, so camera 1 is frame 1, camera 2 is frame 2 ect.
Is there a way to maintain this process and save the files as CXR ? Or let the VFB keep the renderings like c4d native picture viewer (when a new rendering start the old one is deleted from the VFB) ?
The only way I see to save a CXR file is through the VFB...

P.S.
Even when I untick "Clear VFB inbetween renders", the VFB still getting cleared...

Peace,
Kobi
« Last Edit: 2019-01-14, 09:04:04 by 3dkobi »

2019-01-16, 09:54:35
Reply #1

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm bumping this thread because I still didn't find an answer...

I've upgraded to C4d r20
I'm trying to also use the take system for rendering different frames of the same project but I still can't see any option to save as CXR, or to save the history of the frames in corona VFB.

Even when  I untick "Clear VFB inbetween renders", the VFB still getting cleared...

2019-01-16, 10:34:20
Reply #2

horpa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, do you mean this?

2019-01-16, 11:23:30
Reply #3

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks horpa, that solved part of the problem, I can now see all renders in the VFB history...
I still don't know how to render those frames to CXR - I can only see an option to save to CXR the current VFB - but if I render several frames I can't see how can I save CXR from the previous ones

2019-01-16, 14:09:36
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Yes, appears to be two problems here, have logged both of them for us to investigate.

- Issue 1, CXR is not a format offered in the Save History. This is likely because it goes through the regular C4D save interface, where CXR is not an option
- Issue 2, and this one is in the Corona core as it happens in Max where you can choose CXR as the format; it only saves the currently viewed image (the last render) to CXR and not the selected version in history. Also, deleting the current image in history doesn't "load" it into the VFB, which continues to show only the last render, so you can't save it to CXR.

Note to self for tracking, ids:
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-17, 07:39:27
Reply #5

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,
I have to say I didn't fully understand all you wrote...I understand that CXR is not a native c4d format so it causes some problems...

*** Is there a way to render several frames and save them all as CXR ?
*** Also, When rendering several frames, I don't see any way\option to select a previous render in the VFB history and change some of it's attributes directly in the VFB

2019-01-17, 14:55:50
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
*** Is there a way to render several frames and save them all as CXR ?
Not at present, not automatically. You'd have to render, and save to CXR from the VFB, then do the next render. Since the CXR format isn't in the C4D save dialog, you can't set up a way that I can think of to render and save to that format automatically.

*** Also, When rendering several frames, I don't see any way\option to select a previous render in the VFB history and change some of it's attributes directly in the VFB
Any changes to tonemapping, post processing etc. will be applied when you save from the VFB history - so you could left click on the history to make it the "A" and bring it into visibility, adjust the tone mapping so you can see how it looks for that history version, and then use the disk icon "Save selected element of this snapshot to disk" below the image in history to save it (to a non-CXR format).

EDIT - as a note, for development of the Corona core we are looking at ways of having images with different post processing saved to the history; that is, the history would save the tone mapping for it too, to allow the same render with different post processing to be compared, which is not currently possible since the current tone mapping is applied to all history elements. So in the future, this last situation would change, but this would work for now :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-18, 07:28:02
Reply #7

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi TomG - First let me say it's a pleasure to read your detailed answers :)

Any changes to tonemapping, post processing etc. will be applied when you save from the VFB history - so you could left click on the history to make it the "A" and bring it into visibility, adjust the tone mapping so you can see how it looks for that history version, and then use the disk icon "Save selected element of this snapshot to disk" below the image in history to save it (to a non-CXR format).
I tried it and of course it works - Just 1 thing - I think it would be a good idea to add a button to the VFB to make all the attributes of tone mapping\bloom\glare\denoise to go to default....Just a thought....