Author Topic: Corona & Team render  (Read 10663 times)

2019-01-07, 12:23:35

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm in the proccess of moving from vray to corona, and was wandering about team render & corona - I saw on the roadmap that corona V4 will have "team render stability improvments" - does that mean that it has issues now ?

Peace,
Kobi

2019-01-07, 12:39:00
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Kobi,

as far as we as the developers are aware, the Team Render should be pretty stable as of now. There are still two big issues that we are currently aware of and that is inability to use a disconnected client again once it disconnects and a memory issue when you keep rendering for longer periods of time.

We'll tackle those issues as one of our first tasks after the release, so stay tuned for updates!

2019-01-07, 12:41:41
Reply #2

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your super-fast replay :)

2019-01-07, 12:45:08
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
You are welcome! Thanks for asking. One more thing that came to my mind - some people also complained about the speed of Team Render vs. local rendering, but our tests showed us that it's just a matter of setting the parameters correctly, so it might not really be such an issue. That's not to say we won't investigate this too if it turns out to be a more serious problem than we originally thought.

2019-01-07, 13:19:08
Reply #4

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
congratulations to the corona team to the first commercial c4d release!
it looks pretty nice.

once thing that came to me fast after testing corona, i very much hope you will add also "real" DR like in corona max(via a corona standalone). are there plans for it i hope?

teamrender is a quite unreliable/unliked solution for c4d and also for 3rd party engines problematic in our eyes, at least as sole solution. many c4d users dislike it therefore (see cgtalk p.e). it has many issues from c4d/maxon side yet, which of course also occur on corona in our tests.
on big files with high print resolution, it is terribly slow p.e, in special compared to like vray dr via standalone (on same scene tested)

hope you will add things to have it same as corona max, and be more feature compatible with the max version:)

thanks and cheers
Stefan
« Last Edit: 2019-01-07, 16:18:44 by lllab »

2019-01-07, 18:07:16
Reply #5

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are welcome! Thanks for asking. One more thing that came to my mind - some people also complained about the speed of Team Render vs. local rendering, but our tests showed us that it's just a matter of setting the parameters correctly, so it might not really be such an issue. That's not to say we won't investigate this too if it turns out to be a more serious problem than we originally thought.

I would love to learn about these parameters to ensure Team Render is running most efficiently. Right now, we're running into some major slowdowns. Please enlighten us.

2019-01-07, 18:16:22
Reply #6

sirio76

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree with Stefan, a real native DR system will be a lot better than C4d Team Render. Also customers using Prime version do not have TR clients at all and in order to use distributed rendering the way it is now they will be forced to buy pricier C4d versions.

2019-01-07, 22:00:05
Reply #7

ofengestalter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Ofengestalter
@houska : What parameters do you mean?

peer to peer seems faster than sending assets directly to the client. But how can I tune it more.

2019-01-08, 06:30:19
Reply #8

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree with Stefan, a real native DR system will be a lot better than C4d Team Render. Also customers using Prime version do not have TR clients at all and in order to use distributed rendering the way it is now they will be forced to buy pricier C4d versions.
My 2 cents:
I'm working with vray DR for 2 years now and it's also a big pain - you have to put all your bitmaps inside vray adv shader, and if a texture is missing c4d texture manager dosen't show it so you have to manually search for each path. Also when using DR you can't use shaders other than those of Corona...
I prefer to pay a little more to maxon for TR nodes (actually I just did upgrade from prime to broadcast) and having a smooth workflow

2019-01-08, 09:15:51
Reply #9

rozky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congratulations to commercial c4d release!
I prefer integrateted corona DR with support for native c4d shaders :)
I think that DR is one of key feature of renderer. Prices of corona for 3dsmax and c4d are the same so I expect that corona team will add DR in the future.
First year discount I understand as compensation for missing features that will be added in next year.
Thank you
Peter
Archicad 8-23CZE, Corona Renderer for Archicad Alpha 5

2019-01-08, 14:25:22
Reply #10

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"I prefer to pay a little more to maxon for TR nodes (actually I just did upgrade from prime to broadcast) and having a smooth workflow "

>> but TR is not smooth at all, here at least, and i see for many others. it fails very often and is pain as slow most time.

the corona team, having all in one hand for sure can make c4d bitmaps etc working direct for a corona DR.

also it would be great to have ALL corona shaders that exist in max, also on c4d, the c4d shaders are very very limited sadly

my2 cent at least
Stefan
« Last Edit: 2019-01-08, 14:55:11 by lllab »

2019-01-08, 22:13:22
Reply #11

andeltoz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Quote Stefan and Sirio76. I have always felt good with the Vray DR. It works perfectly and has never given me problems. I do not even find a problem using the Vray Adv Bitmap, it's just a matter of habit. I have a Prime and I don't find correct to speak of a small amount of 650 euros (without MSA) to go from a Prime to a Broadcast. I think that a Corona DR would make many users happy that like me have a Prime and others.
« Last Edit: 2019-01-08, 22:29:53 by andeltoz »

2019-01-09, 09:17:01
Reply #12

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree too. I do not see a big future without a DR system like in 3dsmax. Team render seems almost forgotten by most users. I hope that in the future it will be planned.

2019-01-09, 09:34:38
Reply #13

mascab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Me too.
I'm switching from vray to corona in these days and I found team render far less efficient that vray DR.
I think that a native DR inside Corona is a must.

2019-01-09, 10:39:13
Reply #14

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I would love to learn about these parameters to ensure Team Render is running most efficiently. Right now, we're running into some major slowdowns. Please enlighten us.

From our office tests, it shows that you should aim for lower update interval and higher packet size to prevent network congestion and transport errors. You can find these parameters in the "Team Render tab of the Corona Render Settings.