Author Topic: MBP 2019 2,4 Ghz + C4D + eGPU  (Read 1905 times)

2021-10-07, 20:03:37

alexgrimm

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm working on an MBP 2019 2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 / 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 / AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

+ C4D R24
+ newest Corona Renderer

To be honest I was expecting more then I get now. So I’m considering to tune my MBP a little bit. But I even know that my MBPs config is not really expandable. So is there a way to get a bit more power for rendering jobs? I heart that there are extern GPUs on the market. Maybe someone can help?

Cheers, Alex

2021-10-07, 21:29:58
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Since Corona doesn't use the GPU for rendering, adding one would not make any difference to render speed or quality (assuming that is what you want to improve).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-10-08, 10:47:38
Reply #2

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like my MBP and I work on it regularily if I'm freelancing at a clients office. Cornona works really well on it. Which is in contrast to a lot of other render engines which are complete non-starters (octane/redshift etc)

But I think you have to be realistic about what is possible on a laptop of this sort. Just do all the look-deveopment on it. And when it comes to a big hi-res render sent it to a renderfarm if you dont have a workstation at home. (Or do it overnight like the good old days).

2021-10-08, 14:19:41
Reply #3

alexgrimm

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you TomG for this advice. So I don't need to search for any products...

Maybe I have to be satisfied with the performance of my MBP and even be happy about all the other advantages of it. When it comes to hires renderings or animation then I will outsource my files to a render farm.

Thanks to all

2021-10-08, 15:29:24
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome! Avoiding unnecessary purchases is always a good thing :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us