Author Topic: Separate Displacements on Separate Layers of Layered Material  (Read 1881 times)

2021-09-30, 13:28:05

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I need two displacement maps on two separate materials of a Corona layered material.

In the image I have a base material of a human body and two different layers of scar tissue applied by radial gradient masks. Diffuse maps seem to combine well with masks but I can't manage to assign a displacement map along with other maps.

Is there a limitation or an I missing something?

2021-09-30, 16:03:43
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, this is a limitation of layered material - only displacement from base material is taken in to consideration. The workaround is to blend displacement textures at map level and plug them to the base material.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-09-30, 16:28:38
Reply #2

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

you can try "stacking" the material - applying both of them on the same object (2 texture tags rather than a layered material) with an opacity map and some UV offset tweaking, the resulting displacement is an addition of the two materials.

Thanks and let me know if you need further information,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-09-30, 18:03:08
Reply #3

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

you can try "stacking" the material - applying both of them on the same object (2 texture tags rather than a layered material) with an opacity map and some UV offset tweaking, the resulting displacement is an addition of the two materials.

Thanks and let me know if you need further information,
Jan

I couldn't get a  clear picture of "stacking" and "texture tags", can you detail this a little more?

2021-09-30, 18:33:17
Reply #4

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oops!! :) I'm so sorry I opened a 3ds Max question in C4D thread, got my answer anyways.