Author Topic: Very slow movement during interactive render with RTX 3090  (Read 3018 times)

2021-09-23, 17:04:47

albertoiuav

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

i'm using Cinema 4d r21 and Corona 7.
Hardware: AMD 2990WX 32 core, 128gb of ram and RTX 3090

I have a scene with about 25mln polygons and i'm trying to use interactive render with some part of vegetation scatter on (using Surfacespread) but if i try to move inside the scene is VERY slow.
If Corona only use the CPU while rendering, why with one of the best video card out there i can't move inside the scene without problem?

Unfortunately i already know that 4d cinema viewport is terrible compared to 3d max where with the same card I can move scenes with triple the weight.
But I wanted to understand why this happens.

Thank you so much in advance

Alberto

2021-09-30, 18:30:15
Reply #1

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not a C4d user and I have no experience on this software, however many people in 3ds Max side do suffer from the same frustrating experiences. What I often tell them is, 25Million polygons is nothing for a graphics card to actually "shade" the scene, but it is the topology modifiers or sorts of calculations "which depend on the CPU", causing these lags.

You can benefit from your GPU on applications like Lumion or during the rendering of GPU renderers like Iray, Vray GPU, Octane etc.

Most parts of these software don't even benefit the patented technologies of the CPU's, with glamorously shining names and still rely on the raw CPU power.

2021-10-17, 13:54:13
Reply #2

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just an idea; maybe you can check if all your textured have absolute paths, and are adressing content browser assets, and see if that helps viewport speed.
Ever since v6.1, I experienced laggy viewport performance on my AMD 3990 64-core with 256GB RAM and a RTX3060 card,
which became significantly faster when relinked to the textures on the disk.

also maybe give up some cores in the preferences for while in IR rendering... you have plenty ;-)
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2021-11-03, 17:28:12
Reply #3

Matthew86

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

i'm using Cinema 4d r21 and Corona 7.
Hardware: AMD 2990WX 32 core, 128gb of ram and RTX 3090

I have a scene with about 25mln polygons and i'm trying to use interactive render with some part of vegetation scatter on (using Surfacespread) but if i try to move inside the scene is VERY slow.
If Corona only use the CPU while rendering, why with one of the best video card out there i can't move inside the scene without problem?

Unfortunately i already know that 4d cinema viewport is terrible compared to 3d max where with the same card I can move scenes with triple the weight.
But I wanted to understand why this happens.

Thank you so much in advance

Alberto

The speed inside c4d viewport depends on the speed in single core of your cpu, especially if you use modifier like "shader effector" it isn't multithred. Paradoxically if you had a processor with fewer cores but higher frequencies per core, you would have a smoother experience inside the viewport