Author Topic: Resume rendering not working  (Read 4116 times)

2018-02-07, 12:08:41

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please delete this post admin - I see the file isnt CXR, but EXR....No idea what i did here...:(

Hi guys,

I've rendered a scene roughly 14 hours, 168 passes & I saved the CXR file...

Today i have time to continue to render it, so i loaded the scene and it starts from 0 again...

Am i doing something wrong? I dont have 14 more hours :)

thx
Jireh3D

2018-02-12, 10:52:58
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Well, it could be that the saving doesn't work correctly. Let's see if anyone else had similar problems recently...

2018-02-12, 11:56:56
Reply #2

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, I have a somewhat similar problem...I stopped a render and saved the Current VFB in History so I could work on something else and of course C4D crashed at some point and upon relaunch all my history is cleared.  I can locate the cxr file that was saved on my hard drive but I cannot load it back into Corona to resume.

2018-02-12, 13:54:32
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you give details on being unable to load it back to resume? Do you get an error message, and at what point does the load fail? You should be able to use resume from file in the VFB (https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000035761-how-to-pause-and-resume-rendering-with-corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-). Note that the CXR does not contain history, only the one image in the VFB (or PV) when saving to the CXR.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-13, 13:39:05
Reply #4

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I tried to Resume From File and navigate to my History folder all the files including CXR were grayed out. But it must have been some sort of glitch, after a couple computer reboots, I rerendered this project from scratch and it completed okay. After reading this I went back and tried to load the CXR again this morning and it loaded and resumed render just fine.

I did have a strange computer crash yesterday where the machine just totally shut down without any warning not just the normal C4d lockup/force quit/reopen. I still get a lot of lockups when using IR and messing with displacements or vertex weight among other things and regularly have to stop and restart the IR to see changes.

2018-02-13, 13:51:55
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That is strange, not sure why that would be - glad to hear it cleared up, but do let us know if it happens again (the greyed out CXRs).

TY too for the info on the displacement and vertex maps, could be useful for the developers to hear about that (if they aren't aware of it already, which they may be!) If you have particular steps that lock things up (e.g. "adjusting displacement strength repeatedly while IR is running") let us know, too!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-10-04, 22:41:51
Reply #6

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
V7 RC1 C4D R23 macOS 10.15
I saved a .cxr (not exr!) during a long render session, just in case… and then something did go wrong.
After restarting I tried to “resume file” (small triangle in VFB render button), but all .cxr files are greyed out.  I can’t load any file only save a new file in that dialog…
Same in the PV “resume from cxr" - all cxr’s are greyed out.
The CXR that I’m trying to load opens in C-image editor - no file corruption…
Is this a bug or is there another way to “resume file”?

2021-10-06, 10:00:49
Reply #7

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

thanks for reporting. Did you try clicking on the grayed-out .cxr? For me (catalina) it worked, it just asks me whether I want to "Replace" the previous one, as if it was saving. We have already identified this issue and are working on a fix.

Let me know whether the grayed-out options work for you.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.