Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 208124 times)

2017-08-31, 16:36:04
Reply #420

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-08-31, 20:30:56
Reply #421

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this using the latest core? with dispersion!??

When will we see the IPR?

Looking so close!!!

Thanks so much!!!

- Shawn

2017-08-31, 21:05:57
Reply #422

Marian

• Active Users
    • View Profile

We understand that you are a bit disappointed with the recent lack of daily builds in the C4D plugin, but rest assured that we're working hard on making the interactive functional by the deadline that we set. We managed to overcome the biggest hurdle and that is the C4D part of the IR and currently are working on updating the Corona side - scene data, lights, etc... This means that we already have a semi-functional prototype, which restarts the renderer every time you make a change in the IR but of course we want it to only update the changed objects. I think that the September 15th deadline is pretty realistic for a first release candidate.

Cestmir

2017-08-31, 23:33:35
Reply #423

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio

We understand that you are a bit disappointed with the recent lack of daily builds in the C4D plugin, but rest assured that we're working hard on making the interactive functional by the deadline that we set. We managed to overcome the biggest hurdle and that is the C4D part of the IR and currently are working on updating the Corona side - scene data, lights, etc... This means that we already have a semi-functional prototype, which restarts the renderer every time you make a change in the IR but of course we want it to only update the changed objects. I think that the September 15th deadline is pretty realistic for a first release candidate.

Cestmir

That is great!!!!

2017-09-01, 11:32:18
Reply #424

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have 2 questions related to the latest beta:

1. whats the "standalone" in install? i cannot find it after installation - what does it do? - is it needed on "slaves" for DR ?
2. teamrender is there, yes but what about corona DR? am i missing something here or how can i enable corona DR?

2017-09-01, 13:54:56
Reply #425

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Thanks! Doing great!

Where can I find "autosave on render end" option? It seems like gone?

2017-09-02, 12:21:35
Reply #426

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1. whats the "standalone" in install? i cannot find it after installation - what does it do? - is it needed on "slaves" for DR ?
2. teamrender is there, yes but what about corona DR? am i missing something here or how can i enable corona DR?

Yep. Mind giving us a quick answer to this question?
UPDATE: Found this, but it is for Max. Looks like the same applies to C4D: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000547357-how-to-render-using-corona-standalone-
Still not sure what the regular C4D user would use it for.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-02, 12:27:51 by nesha_2 »

2017-09-02, 14:28:54
Reply #427

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SA is for rendering without c4d & corona plugin (usually on the node). But it seems there's no option to export the scene (neither in dev./experimental stuff)?

TeamRender is C4D specific & a bit problematic.
Tho much less if you have Bonjour installed.

Q: With the merger some of VRay's DR tech will be used? 
« Last Edit: 2017-09-02, 14:33:45 by burnin »

2017-09-02, 21:57:53
Reply #428

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
I donn know ppl... I'm having really loooong render this time, comparing to hotfix 4. Has anyone noticed the same?

2017-09-04, 16:53:41
Reply #429

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-04, 17:07:33
Reply #430

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

You can find the Corona Standalone in "/Applications/Corona Standalone". It is standalone rendering solution which can open scenes in Corona Standalone format (*.scn files). Export to this format is not implemented in Cinema 4D yet (will be implemented in Beta 2). I just added it into the installer because macOS version was not distributed in any way (some people use it for their exporter scripts, e.g. Blender exporter to Corona Standalone format). It is not needed on slaves for TR. DR is not implemented in Corona for Cinema 4D plugin because it duplicates the functionality of TR and because TR is integrated solution we prefer to improve its integration with Corona.

Nikola

2017-09-04, 17:13:51
Reply #431

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
SA is for rendering without c4d & corona plugin (usually on the node). But it seems there's no option to export the scene (neither in dev./experimental stuff)?

TeamRender is C4D specific & a bit problematic.
Tho much less if you have Bonjour installed.

Q: With the merger some of VRay's DR tech will be used?
Hi,

We haven't discussed this question yet. Now the plan is to improve the Team Rendering to be usable as much as possible.

Nikola

2017-09-04, 17:17:21
Reply #432

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I donn know ppl... I'm having really loooong render this time, comparing to hotfix 4. Has anyone noticed the same?
Hi,

would it be possible to send us the minimal scene which renders fast in Hotfix 4 and still causes the slow rendering in the latest Beta (it can be a simple cube with one material if it will still cause the slowdown)?

Nikola

2017-09-04, 18:36:49
Reply #433

cathor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Pretty sure that I've been able to layer a secondary reflection over a material with the layered material in previous builds. Does not work for me in 17-07-24.

The way I've done it before is set to enable "thin, no refraction" on the coat material. In the latest build the refraction is getting added to the base material. Just like the opacity is if that channel is used.

Maybe I am doing it wrong? what is the proper way to add a secondary reflection?

Cheers,

Sorry but need to bump my own question from a couple of pages back. Maybe someone can help me out with this.

Cheers,

2017-09-04, 19:18:42
Reply #434

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@cathor
would you mind sharing a scene file? or even better yet, create a thread with an example and everything described (so anyone after can observe & solve an issue)

@Nikola
Thank you