Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 190820 times)

2014-10-09, 14:46:59
Reply #120

AdamHotovy

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Hey guys. Thanks for the questions. As I already wrote some pages back, I am writing follow up article with answers to your questions. It should be online a bit later today.
Some stuff were probably not explained in good way. So hopefully new article will clear things up.
I like turtles.

2014-10-09, 16:18:31
Reply #121

tip01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The question also applies to the choice of purchase option license. IES lights will also make noise in the final version or fix in the updates?))))

2014-10-09, 16:27:52
Reply #122

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys. Thanks for the questions. As I already wrote some pages back, I am writing follow up article with answers to your questions. It should be online a bit later today.
Some stuff were probably not explained in good way. So hopefully new article will clear things up.

Thanks Adam for taking the time to clarify all the questions that have been raised. Really looking forward to read your article. It's very considerate from your part to listen to the users and act accordingly. Thanks again.

2014-10-09, 17:28:41
Reply #123

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
No problem. We are trying. I just finished article. It is probably and unfortunately the longest post ever trying to cover almost every possible questions regarding licenses and prices.
To technical questions. If there is a bug with IES and if it was reported, I am pretty sure, that it is on Ondrej's todo bug fix list. (report it here corona-renderer.com/bugs)

Yesterday I did a couple of calls over skype and I have discussed opinions from both sides about box, saas, nodes, etc. I am just trying to find golden ratio which will fit most of the users. I am aware I cannot make everyone happy, but I have tried to adjust things for every license type and also for people demanding something for "free".

I am wondering if I should post it today, or better tomorrow, as I have to do couple of spell checks, some graphics to explain our intentions better. etc. I would like to get very wide audience
I like turtles.

2014-10-09, 17:31:45
Reply #124

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the effort Adam, this proves your (the team) true and clean willing to be clear and fair in everything.

It is not posted yet, right? Because I still see the C4D post.

Cheers.

2014-10-09, 17:33:36
Reply #125

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No problem. We are trying. I just finished article. It is probably and unfortunately the longest post ever trying to cover almost every possible questions regarding licenses and prices.
To technical questions. If there is a bug with IES and if it was reported, I am pretty sure, that it is on Ondrej's todo bug fix list. (report it here corona-renderer.com/bugs)

Yesterday I did a couple of calls over skype and I have discussed opinions from both sides about box, saas, nodes, etc. I am just trying to find golden ratio which will fit most of the users. I am aware I cannot make everyone happy, but I have tried to adjust things for every license type and also for people demanding something for "free".

I am wondering if I should post it today, or better tomorrow, as I have to do couple of spell checks, some graphics to explain our intentions better. etc. I would like to get very wide audience

Sleep on it and further refine it tomorrow if need be. Better to get it right than add to the confusion :)

2014-10-09, 17:34:59
Reply #126

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's always best to sleep on it if in doubt, and read it a few more times.

2014-10-09, 17:39:52
Reply #127

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The excessive noise with IES lights was recently fixed. But I would still appreciate if you could provide us a scene with prime example of the problem, to test that the bugfix really works ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-09, 18:44:06
Reply #128

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The excessive noise with IES lights was recently fixed. But I would still appreciate if you could provide us a scene with prime example of the problem, to test that the bugfix really works ;)

Was fix this done in a daily build after v7.1 or before?
Vray who?

2014-10-09, 18:45:59
Reply #129

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, in my opiniĆ³n i will prefer the box edition its life time, but make a demo too on the release date of 1.0 no matter if its locked to 10 px to 10 px, must of the companies they sell out first the update and the demo it takes like more time to get out and its frustrating because you cant decide if you want it to buy now or maybe wait to another big update.

And someone can tell me if theres gonna be a displacement New  function like adaptiveness displacement i cant see it   on the list.

2014-10-09, 21:53:32
Reply #130

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Adam, are you going to post it today?

Cheers.

2014-10-09, 22:36:44
Reply #131

AdamHotovy

• Active Users
  • Corona Heisenberg
    • View Profile
    • Corona Renderer
Adam, are you going to post it today?

Cheers.

Hey not anymore, tomorrow. But it is ready.
I like turtles.

2014-10-09, 23:13:40
Reply #132

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great, I'll be watching! hehehe

Cheers.

2014-10-10, 16:12:07
Reply #133

AdamHotovy