Author Topic: HDCache not being picked up by max Archiver = render farm failures  (Read 2059 times)

2015-11-11, 11:00:10

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
We have a fairly big issue here.

The max archive command doesn't pick up the HDCache which is saved and set to Load From File. So when we archive a job this file isn't carried through.

This also means that renderfarm uploaders are not picking up the hdcache, causing shots to render the cache for every frame, which is obviously causing a lot of problems, not least rendertime and huge extra cost.

The hdcache is not listed at all in the Asset Tracker, which is why I presume this is happening.

I have a bad feeling that this is a max issue, but in case it can be fixed by you guys is there any solution to this?

Cheers,
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 11:05:54 by atelieryork »
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-11-11, 12:31:52
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Do you mean HD or UHD cache?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-11-11, 12:34:04
Reply #2

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
UHD Cache.

I spoke with both Rebus and Renderbuzz and they have workarounds, although Rebus' recommendations don't make sense to me. They say to enable "Use Local Solution" which I can't see anywhere in Corona settings...

Buzz's solution is to manually upload and re-path it. And they are working on their plugin to improve this.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2017-06-09, 20:11:09
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)