Author Topic: Light and mesh Flickering in corona 11 in 3ds max 2024  (Read 562 times)

2024-01-17, 18:30:10

gagan.sachdev87

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I am facing flickering problem on animation from the past few days(video attached) with Corona 11 and 3ds max 2024. i have checked the model mesh and lights as well, there is no double mesh or any issues on them. Are anyone facing similar issues or do anyone know the reason why this flickering is happening.

Please advise!

2024-01-17, 19:00:30
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No distributed or network rendering used? If cache was used, it was set to Animation? Can try changing cache (to UHD if using 4K, or 4K if using UHD, or disabling cache). Can try disabling the Adaptive Light Solver.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-17, 19:20:02
Reply #2

gagan.sachdev87

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for replying.

The animation was done with network rendering but the problem is same if rendering on a single pc, i tried using the UHD cache and Path tracing both, but the problem is same.
Will try disabling the light solver and test.

2024-01-17, 19:37:39
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you check for duplicated intersecting geometry? Looks like typical z-fighting issue.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-01-18, 08:30:52
Reply #4

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for replying.

The animation was done with network rendering but the problem is same if rendering on a single pc, i tried using the UHD cache and Path tracing both, but the problem is same.

Hi,

No need to disable the light solver. Just make sure that there are no open gaps in the geometry, and if you are using UHDCache/4K Cache, make sure that ANIMATION preset is selected for it.
This is the general flickering in animation troubleshooting article, in case you need it:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/7777270371473-How-to-fix-flickering-in-animations-
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-01-18, 10:10:47
Reply #5

impact design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • http://impactdesign.co.in/
We are also facing this flicker problem from previously last few projects and its constantly appear in every second night shot.
we have tried all the way to resolve this problem (Path tracing, Simple UHD, 4K Cache) but still we have flicker in our render, for now we have only one way to get flicker free render is to put omni or standard light instead of corona light and use 4K Cache for UHD but this method cost lots of render time.
For our Regular updates Please visit our web
www.impactdesign.co.in

2024-01-18, 10:19:49
Reply #6

gagan.sachdev87

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for replying.

Hi,

No need to disable the light solver. Just make sure that there are no open gaps in the geometry, and if you are using UHDCache/4K Cache, make sure that ANIMATION preset is selected for it.
This is the general flickering in animation troubleshooting article, in case you need it:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/7777270371473-How-to-fix-flickering-in-animations-

Hi,

We have been rendering with that option only and there are no gaps in the model. the flickering are still there.

Thanks.

2024-01-18, 11:02:43
Reply #7

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for replying.

Hi,

Hi,

We have been rendering with that option only and there are no gaps in the model. the flickering are still there.

Thanks.

Can you please attach a video so the flickering is better defined? Flickerings can be of many different types.
Please, if possible, also send the archive of the scene so we can have a look.
Does the flicker happen also when doing local (no DR) rendering?

Best solution is to get the scene and do our own tests to find the root cause.
A best practice for minimizing the flickering caused by secondary cache is using precomputated cache, with "Load from file" or "Try to load + append" with "Save to file" option for after rendering.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us