Author Topic: Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 17069 times)

2023-09-08, 15:36:51
Reply #15

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess we would have to define what "should do" means to everyone. Certainly, it works for its intended purpose.

But having a toggle for real-time denoising in Render Setup and having a checkbox for denoising in the VFB while in IR (albeit grayed-out) with no connection between them is a missed opportunity. Having to go into Reder Setup while in IR to enable/disable it is a task that can take more than 10 seconds, with 3ds Max lagging and all.

So for me also, it "should" turn real-time denoising on/off, in addition to Hiqh-quality denoising for final images.

2023-09-08, 16:34:49
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We have a longer term plan to revisit the UI and access to denoising, now that there are more options than there used to be (originally it was just 2 :) ). But that won't be in 11. For now we just want to make sure everyone has access to the newest Intel denoiser, even if the UI and access isn't streamlined for all the choices that are there these days.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-09-08, 20:02:33
Reply #17

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

But having a toggle for real-time denoising in Render Setup and having a checkbox for denoising in the VFB while in IR (albeit grayed-out) with no connection between them is a missed opportunity. Having to go into Reder Setup while in IR to enable/disable it is a task that can take more than 10 seconds, with 3ds Max lagging and all.

So for me also, it "should" turn real-time denoising on/off, in addition to Hiqh-quality denoising for final images.

for this reason, I recently asked my friend to make me a script to add a button to the toolbar to toggle the interactive denoiser :D
I don't think anyone will be offended if I attach it

2023-09-23, 15:36:04
Reply #18

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me the roughness modulation mode doesn't work with a regular 3ds Max Noise map, the None mode works as expected, but the modulation only works with regular bitmaps, is this how it's supposed to work? (see the attachment)

2023-09-25, 11:00:45
Reply #19

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For me the roughness modulation mode doesn't work with a regular 3ds Max Noise map, the None mode works as expected, but the modulation only works with regular bitmaps, is this how it's supposed to work? (see the attachment)

Yes, this is expected. Corona does not have any control over 3ds Max maps, only over textures loaded through CoronaBitmap.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-09-25, 12:36:33
Reply #20

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, this is expected. Corona does not have any control over 3ds Max maps, only over textures loaded through CoronaBitmap.

in this case, I don’t understand why the filtering disable mode worked with noise if Corona has no control over it :D

PS I remember that in the original video about bump to roughess technology its effect on anisotropy was mentioned, tell me, is this not relevant in our implementation?

2023-09-25, 14:51:04
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
in this case, I don’t understand why the filtering disable mode worked with noise if Corona has no control over it :D

I think disabling/enabling filtering is not the same as to change filtering method. It was possible to globally disable texmaps filtering in Corona since ages, it's just now you can do this per material (or per texture? i didn't have chance to try Corona 11 yet).
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-09-25, 15:00:15
Reply #22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Guys, please keep in mind that in the current build there is only an early version of this feature which only affects Corona Bitmaps and only works with Corona Physical and Corona Skin materials.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-09-26, 12:04:40
Reply #23

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for fixing the forest pack crash on opening bug with that latest beta. Saved a massive headache we were having with humano people killing scenes.

2023-09-26, 13:05:42
Reply #24

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Thanks so much for fixing the forest pack crash on opening bug with that latest beta. Saved a massive headache we were having with humano people killing scenes.

Can you expand on this? I too use humano, but they are so so so heavy that I've moved to anima.

Are you saying that forest pack somehow helps with this? Or are you just referring to a specific bug?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-09-27, 15:58:07
Reply #25

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Can you expand on this? I too use humano, but they are so so so heavy that I've moved to anima.

Are you saying that forest pack somehow helps with this? Or are you just referring to a specific bug?

It was a bug it seems with how forestpack and corona interact when loading through some object materials causing a crash on load. For us it was with humano figures.

2023-09-27, 22:41:42
Reply #26

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm getting more crash on loads with some larger scenes in the loading corona assets phase with the latest beta. Quite possibly forestpack related again. Have rolled back to 10.1 for one scene (no humano people in that one) and that loads again. We have one PC that seems to be more sensitive to crashes, same spec and software versions and plugin versions but one PC loads some scenes the other cant and both crash on one particular scene. Very odd.

2023-09-28, 13:36:58
Reply #27

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hmm getting more crash on loads with some larger scenes in the loading corona assets phase with the latest beta. Quite possibly forestpack related again. Have rolled back to 10.1 for one scene (no humano people in that one) and that loads again. We have one PC that seems to be more sensitive to crashes, same spec and software versions and plugin versions but one PC loads some scenes the other cant and both crash on one particular scene. Very odd.

If possible, please share the problematic scene with us at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-10-09, 16:30:20
Reply #28

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll try and archive the scene as its big so wil need to be overnight probably.

Here's a funny one. If I open the scene through Max with Arnold set as default like it is when Max opens, then corona crashes the file on opening after about 30 seconds. If I manually change the render engine in the blank opening scene to corona then try and open the file, the scene loads. Looks like corona or max isnt switching to the chosen render engine (corona) quickly enough in the load cycle? Its problematic when trying to render the scene with pulze render manager as I cant manually do that switch so it crashes shortly after starting. I could see if setting up the opening Max template, switched to corona helps, if the none GUI option even reads that? 

2023-10-11, 01:56:22
Reply #29

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, make the new corona tiles with the same input option that Corona triplanar: the aditional outputs. ITs so tedious to add diferent tiles for diffuse. glossines IOR and bump for each material that got tiles. thanks!