Author Topic: Phoenix fd foam support  (Read 2660 times)

2019-06-27, 08:12:19

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are looking at potentially getting Phoenix fd for a couple of upcoming projects that are going to need some convincing water sims. I see in the Corona feshdesk that Corona doesn't support foam. But that was written in March 2018 which seems like a lifetime ago in Corona dev tools so we are wondering if Corona does now support foam? I know there were some Phoenix developments in Corona 2.

Cheers

2019-06-27, 09:27:42
Reply #1

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Unfortunately phoenix foam is still not supported yet

2019-06-27, 23:25:05
Reply #2

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info. It doesn't seem to be on the trello roadmap either. So I'm guessing it's not coming anytime soon.

2019-06-28, 01:01:25
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Would simply switching renderer to Vray and keeping whole scene in CoronaMTL and Corona lights setup work in case like this ?

I am also looking into integrating few features, namely Phoenix as well (and foam), VrayPattern (to get Geopattern) and possibly get to use VrScans at least in some capacity.

Would be good to get public list of which features are supported from each renderer in the opposite (from both sides, so maybe a good excel chart kind of).
And which are on road-map.
I am not sure how closely this philosophy of inter-operability between Corona and Vray was planned to be pursued, if it's just internal stuff to share features from shared development, or if it's still in plan to have them work alongside each other as well.

Since year ago a or so when they supported each other basic material, I haven't heard a single word on this.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!