Author Topic: can you randomise kelvin and intensity  (Read 3298 times)

2017-04-03, 11:47:06

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to randomise the kelvin temp and intensity of lights between a set of values without doing it manually? I tried searching but not really found any relevant results.

2017-04-03, 11:57:37
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Recently I used Corona MultiMap in instance mode pluged into the light´s texmap slot to randomize color temperature and intensitiy. Maybe this helps in what your are after?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-03, 11:59:15
Reply #2

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Recently I used Corona MultiMap in instance mode pluged into the light´s texmap slot to randomize color temperature and intensitiy. Maybe this helps in what your are after?

Good Luck

I'll give this a try, thanks Frood!

2017-04-04, 18:06:32
Reply #3

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Good Luck

I got the corona multimap to work with randomised temperatures but it doesnt affect the light intensity at all. I didn't see anything to change that with a map unless I just overlooked something obvious. Having the temperature ranomisation is good though, the intensity would just be a bonus.

2017-04-04, 19:10:55
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Plug CoronaColour maps into multimap slots - it has controls for Kelvin temperature as well as output intensity.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-04, 19:27:36
Reply #5

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Plug CoronaColour maps into multimap slots - it has controls for Kelvin temperature as well as output intensity.

Ah i see it! awesome. Thanks Romullus.

2017-04-05, 10:15:52
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
the intensity would just be a bonus.

You should be able to affect intensity just by the brightness value of the color. But CoronaColor as romullus suggested offers more control indeed (exceeding the intensity of the instanced light for example.)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.