Author Topic: Tiled Camera and Backplate  (Read 2953 times)

2018-01-24, 20:49:29

studiobasler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum,
so i once again have to render a big resolution image. The last time i rendered with the tiled camera solution which works perfect. This time i have to change the background and this seems to be a problem when working with the tiled camera and the Corona environment overrides. I set up a different Background and link it to the "Direct visibility override" with Frontal Mapping in Corona settings. If i now render with the tiled camera the background repeats for every slice i render. see the images for clearing things up. Does anyone have a solution on this? I thought i could manage it if i render the image with alpha mask an then compose the backplate in photoshop, but this dosnt work also because the alpha channel is very chunky at the edges. I get a 1px white line all around my masked objects. Please have a look at the image in attachment. I currently have no idea how to solve this issue and hopefully someone run into the same problem and have a tip for me.

Thank you
Christian
« Last Edit: 2018-01-24, 20:57:47 by ultranerd »

2018-01-24, 21:22:59
Reply #1

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
you can still add a plane as background and apply a material to it, mask out reflection etc. using compositing tag.

2018-01-24, 22:14:47
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
You can also specify the scaling and offset in the frontal mapping in the environmental overrides.

2018-01-24, 22:45:33
Reply #3

studiobasler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, i know about the scaling and offset. if i render without the tiled camera, everything is fine, i think there is no need to adjust the scaling in the environment settings cause the problem comes from the tiling camera or am i wrong?

2018-01-25, 12:08:12
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The tiled camera just changes the camera position every frame. It does not know about Corona environment, so you have to change the environment projection manually for every frame. As an example, just set the scaling to 300%, if your Tiles per Axis value is set to 3, 400% if it's set to 4, etc... Then adjust the offset values each frame - for 3 tiles per axis for example, you'll need (0,0), (-1, 0), (-2, 0), (0, -1), (-1, -1), (-2, -1), (0, -2), (-1, -2) and (-2, -2) for frames 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, respectively.

You could probably create an Xpresso script for this

2018-01-25, 15:44:42
Reply #5

studiobasler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ah ok, now i understand. xpresso would make sense at this point. I will try if i can manage this. Thank you so far.

2018-01-25, 16:11:14
Reply #6

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I presume it work if you used render region instead of camera tiling?