Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 133152 times)

2020-08-26, 13:32:46
Reply #465

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you try these things one by one?

1) Install NET Framework 4.8 - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48
2) Install Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/download/details.aspx?id=48145
3) Fully update your Windows and then restart your computer (use the regular Windows Update option; if you are using Windows 7 or 8, the best solution is upgrading to Windows 10)
4) Fully update your 3ds Max. The easiest method is using the Autodesk Desktop App, which will do it for you automatically.

Let me know if that helped, and if not, I will send you more steps.

Unfortunately at this point we can only troubleshoot like that, because we are not familiar with the error. ​

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-08-26, 14:18:52
Reply #466

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
didn't help. Im running windows 10 pro 1909
Hi,

Can you please generate a minidump from 3ds Max when it is frozen in this state and send it to us?

Instructions on how to do this can be found: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006#crashes2

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-08-26, 15:57:49
Reply #467

SmurfN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
didn't help. Im running windows 10 pro 1909
Hi,

Can you please generate a minidump from 3ds Max when it is frozen in this state and send it to us?

Instructions on how to do this can be found: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006#crashes2

Rowan

i uploaded a minidump now, i also updated windows to latest version 2004, and did the steps before uploading the file. didn't help

2020-08-26, 17:06:11
Reply #468

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Where did you upload the minidump to? I don't see it in our uploader..

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-27, 09:41:03
Reply #469

SmurfN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
uploaded to the dropbox now, thanks

2020-08-27, 11:06:37
Reply #470

Chatchawind

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I just tested with 3ds max 2017. It is fine but it still happens with 2018. Please see minidump file. Thank you

Some problem I have found since version 5. When I am using Spacing Tool with Corona lights to get along with spline shapes. At first It is fine but If I try to do one more time and just rotate the screen view it always crashes. Does anyone get this problem ?

Thank you !

Hi, I couldn't reproduce this in V5 and RC3. Can you please:
- send a simple scene where this happens
- provide detailed steps how exactly to reproduce the crash (what exactly to click where, how exactly to trigger the crash)
The uploader is in my signature, thanks in advance!

I already uploaded with video recordings and 3ds max files. Sorry for the first video, quality is bad.

Thank you

I am still unable to reproduce this crash. Everything works fine, and I am trying to follow your steps carefully, using your provided scenes:
1. Select the light
2. Open the spacing tool
3. Pick the spline
4. Enable the follow option, change the number of duplicates
5. Repeat with different splines, applying the previous result
6. Deselect the original light
7. Move the camera around
8. Deselect / delete / Ctrl+Z
No issues so far. If you have some further ideas how this could be reproduced, please let us know. I will also ping other teammates to try this on different PCs.

Update: we tested on another computer, and no crashes either. I would suggest removing unnecessary scripts/plugins and using a different version of 3ds Max as 2018 is known to be unstable.
You can also use a newer version of Corona (currently V6 RC4) and if the issue still occurs, send us a minidump captured from the crash: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006

2020-08-27, 22:46:15
Reply #471

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A little bug in the latest daily / material library;

When I applied "Plaster Black Smooth" it appears someone named Johnny forgot to relink the bump bitmap properly...

"Required asset file(s) could not be located:
C:\Users\Johny\Dropbox\169_corona_material_library\02_mapy\plaster_bump_big.jpg"
Hi,

We have fixed this in v6 RC6. You will need to re-download the material library, either through the installer or the offline file from: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000036778

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-27, 22:48:32
Reply #472

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

With the last RC4, the curve editor seems to ignore my *.acv file, the curve stay linear. Someone else has the problem ? Bug known ?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

This is fixed in RC6.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-29, 02:37:15
Reply #473

spewdog

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Currently the foam only works with PhoenixFD 4 right? Will it support version 3 at all by any chance? (Just want to know if I need to upgrade or not)

Cheers!

2020-08-29, 22:15:48
Reply #474

Peter A.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just noticed this small UI issue in Corona RC6 Standalone - lights long names are broken into two lines, which is hard to read. Also Corona Frame Buffer (RC6) is sometimes cutting long names, displaying only part of them, making Lightmix management a bit complicated.

2020-08-31, 10:03:55
Reply #475

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Currently the foam only works with PhoenixFD 4 right? Will it support version 3 at all by any chance? (Just want to know if I need to upgrade or not)

Cheers!
Hi,

We won't be supporting Phoenix FD v3. Just v4 and newer.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-09-01, 01:38:13
Reply #476

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Devs - please.. please. please.... put forward the slicing plane clipper - very much hoping to see it in nearby dailies... its been too long... 

2020-09-01, 09:30:56
Reply #477

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just noticed this small UI issue in Corona RC6 Standalone - lights long names are broken into two lines, which is hard to read. Also Corona Frame Buffer (RC6) is sometimes cutting long names, displaying only part of them, making Lightmix management a bit complicated.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting. We will look into it.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=558402101)
Send me your scene!

2020-09-01, 09:47:29
Reply #478

SmurfN

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1) Install NET Framework 4.8 - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48
2) Install Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/download/details.aspx?id=48145
3) Fully update your Windows and then restart your computer (use the regular Windows Update option; if you are using Windows 7 or 8, the best solution is upgrading to Windows 10)
4) Fully update your 3ds Max. The easiest method is using the Autodesk Desktop App, which will do it for you automatically.

Unfortunately at this point we can only troubleshoot like that, because we are not familiar with the error. ​

Max still stuck on launching coronamaxutils2019.dlt on splash screen even after corona 6 official release... anything else i can do? or am i doomed to use corona 5..?

edit: this is on a few months old pc running threadripper 3970x. only has max 2019 installed with all updates, latest windows pro updates, a few normal plugins, Sini, forestpack, railclone, floor generator etc.

Now tried on other machines at the office and so far it has only worked on 2 out of 6 pc's, and thats the only pcs running an old intel cpu rest is threadrippers. no idea if that is relevant
« Last Edit: 2020-09-01, 10:27:57 by SmurfN »

2020-09-01, 10:39:10
Reply #479

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Max still stuck on launching coronamaxutils2019.dlt on splash screen even after corona 6 official release... anything else i can do? or am i doomed to use corona 5..?

edit: this is on a few months old pc running threadripper 3970x. only has max 2019 installed with all updates, latest windows pro updates, a few normal plugins, Sini, forestpack, railclone, floor generator etc.

Now tried on other machines at the office and so far it has only worked on 2 out of 6 pc's, and thats the only pcs running an old intel cpu rest is threadrippers. no idea if that is relevant

Hi,

Thanks for the further information. Could you tell me your Windows language and locale settings?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!