Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130538 times)

2020-06-04, 15:17:36
Reply #270

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No worries, we have it logged. :)

(Internal ID=283748911)
« Last Edit: 2020-06-05, 11:01:29 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-06-04, 21:41:32
Reply #271

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

While you're looking at lightmix stuff, would it be possible to include the ability to assign objects with Corona Light materials that have "emit light" unticked into proper lightmix channels? Currently they all go into the unassigned channel which is quite annoying for things like interior spotlight light mix channels (when working around black Corona lights with certain ies files that the preserve black appearance button doesn't solve).
Vray who?

2020-06-05, 11:00:57
Reply #272

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

While you're looking at lightmix stuff, would it be possible to include the ability to assign objects with Corona Light materials that have "emit light" unticked into proper lightmix channels? Currently they all go into the unassigned channel which is quite annoying for things like interior spotlight light mix channels (when working around black Corona lights with certain ies files that the preserve black appearance button doesn't solve).

Already logged as well.

(Internal ID=296119376)

2020-06-05, 15:45:13
Reply #273

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
One uestion about the new daily, the 2x memory reduction for 16 bit textures applys for normal bitmap or just corona bitmap?  (the lack of the open or explorer button for corona bitmap is the main reason for me to not use it)

2020-06-05, 17:04:14
Reply #274

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
One uestion about the new daily, the 2x memory reduction for 16 bit textures applys for normal bitmap or just corona bitmap?  (the lack of the open or explorer button for corona bitmap is the main reason for me to not use it)

You mean this? :)
Update: the RAM savings only apply to Corona Bitmap.

2020-06-06, 01:50:59
Reply #275

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Yep Maru, but on max bitmap you can do it from the maps, with corona bitmap you have to enter all the way to the bitmap itself, and it gives the option to open the map itself and open on explorer window

2020-06-08, 09:29:06
Reply #276

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Corona UV Randomizer > Randomize each tile.
New stochastic tiling feature doesn't work with real-world uv and triplanar, what makes it almost useless for now. Hope it will be fixed. Thx

2020-06-08, 12:26:44
Reply #277

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

Will the 'TAB' issue (in colour picker) be fixed soon? This is an annoying little problem...

(If this isn't already discussed, you can't press TAB to go in to the next color value, as previously done).

Thanks

Thanks a lot for reporting. I wasn't aware of this. Confirmed, and reporting to the dev team now!

(Internal ID=496830132)

Hi,

This little issue still isn't fixed in the latest daily, it seems...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-06-08, 15:28:42
Reply #278

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona UV Randomizer > Randomize each tile.
New stochastic tiling feature doesn't work with real-world uv and triplanar, what makes it almost useless for now. Hope it will be fixed. Thx

This has been reported in this thread at least twice, and at least twice explained already that it's already acknowledge and being worked on. ;)

2020-06-08, 16:59:56
Reply #279

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Will the 'TAB' issue (in colour picker) be fixed soon? This is an annoying little problem...

(If this isn't already discussed, you can't press TAB to go in to the next color value, as previously done).

Thanks

Thanks a lot for reporting. I wasn't aware of this. Confirmed, and reporting to the dev team now!

(Internal ID=496830132)

Hi,

This little issue still isn't fixed in the latest daily, it seems...
Hi,

When it's fixed it will be in the changelog. We always try to let users know when something is fixed too.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-09, 19:35:59
Reply #280

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems that the behaviour of CoronaMultimap applied to a Railclone object has changed in the latest Daily Build.

Previously Mode 'Mesh Element' in MultiMap would assign a different Colour/Map to every single object generated by Railclone. Using the latest Daily - Instances in the Railclone object look as though they're grouped together and assigned the same Colour/Map.

I've tested this against the Daily Build from 28th April - everything is normal as before in that version.

This is on 3ds Max 2016, Railclone Pro 3.3.1

2020-06-09, 21:14:49
Reply #281

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
It seems that the behaviour of CoronaMultimap applied to a Railclone object has changed in the latest Daily Build.

Previously Mode 'Mesh Element' in MultiMap would assign a different Colour/Map to every single object generated by Railclone. Using the latest Daily - Instances in the Railclone object look as though they're grouped together and assigned the same Colour/Map.

I've tested this against the Daily Build from 28th April - everything is normal as before in that version.

This is on 3ds Max 2016, Railclone Pro 3.3.1
Hi,

A couple of things changed around then.. if all slots have the frequency set to 0 then all slots are picked equally based on random amount.

Also the seed randomisation changed, maybe you can try to change the seed in the multimap and you will get a different mix of colours.

Let me know if this helps.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-10, 10:34:37
Reply #282

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details

Disable RC instancing

2020-06-10, 12:11:34
Reply #283

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

A couple of things changed around then.. if all slots have the frequency set to 0 then all slots are picked equally based on random amount.

Also the seed randomisation changed, maybe you can try to change the seed in the multimap and you will get a different mix of colours.

Let me know if this helps.

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

Thanks but I get the same result if Frequency for all slots is set to 0 or 1 (I've attached a simple example using Railclone Library style).
The seed in the multimap does change the slot being picked from but all of the instanced elements in the Railclone object are still treated as the same mesh element and get assigned this same slot.

As Nik suggests - Disabling the Instancing Engine in the Railclone object - gets us back to the result from before. But this does mean losing the savings on RAM usage that Railclone offers.
Up until this latest Daily you could get randomised slots for all elements (instanced or not) with the advantages of the Railclone Instancing Engine as well.

Anyway, if it's unavoidable due to changes overall, then that's that.
Similar results could be achieved with material ID's with a bit more effort (although would be great if Railclone internal Material ID randomisation worked with Corona here also).
Just a shame to lose that simple set up and ease of compatibility with older scenes that might use it.

2020-06-10, 16:30:32
Reply #284

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have I understood correctly that we're getting another seed behaviour change in multimap? It really should be made as stable as possible and never touched again since this way you can't rerender old projects without problems... this has happened 2 or 3 times in the past and it really caused headaches with old projects. Sorry if I misunderstood.