Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 132729 times)

2020-04-24, 10:49:28
Reply #210

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey all,

Has anyone had any success rendering motion blur with tyflow? I set up a basic flow with raindrops and it crashes max right after the scene parsing.

TY Flow motion blur does not work here as well - 3ds max 2018.4 +Corona 5.  Crashes on parsing. I had high hopes on Corona 6 daily builds that it solves this.
If recall accurately someone submitted similar issue  onto chaosgroup forum - there is something related with velocity of particles when using triangle mesh.

I decided to check if there is a workaround  for rendering just motion blur out of the particles generated with TY Flow.
With Vray Next a simple scene works fairly well. Same scene with Corona - crashes at parsing.

"Export particles to objects" within TY flow seems to help rendering motion blur with Corona. Have not messed around with all the available options there, but at least it renders without crash.

Can you guys send any example scene? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
In my quick tests it worked fine, but it probably depends on what exactly you are motion-blurring.

Uploaded scene via the provided link. Have not tested with Corona 6 latest builds.
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2020-04-24, 10:53:48
Reply #211

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Uploaded scene via the provided link. Have not tested with Corona 6 latest builds.

It works fine here:
- Max 2020
- 16.04 V6 Corona daily
- TyFlow newest version (downloaded literally yesterday)

I rendered a few frames from the animation, no crashes.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-24, 11:23:52
Reply #212

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It works fine here:
- Max 2020
- 16.04 V6 Corona daily

Are You sure You are rendering the TYFlow, not the geometry generated . TYFlow has been disabled in rendering from object properties menu.
Tried once again with Corona V6 16.04 and latest TYFlow, but 3ds max 2018 - crashes persist.
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2020-04-24, 17:30:27
Reply #213

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

It works fine here:
- Max 2020
- 16.04 V6 Corona daily

Are You sure You are rendering the TYFlow, not the geometry generated . TYFlow has been disabled in rendering from object properties menu.
Tried once again with Corona V6 16.04 and latest TYFlow, but 3ds max 2018 - crashes persist.

Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying, I will try again!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-27, 11:58:28
Reply #214

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Triplanar not working in the latest daily build.
Can you provide some example of it not working? It seems to be functioning correctly in my tests.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-27, 19:01:53
Reply #215

v.p.vlasenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you provide some example of it not working? It seems to be functioning correctly in my tests.

Thanks,

Rowan

Sorry guys - my mistake. Didn't find out true problem the first time.

It working but the problem occurs when uvw randomizer plugged into triplanar. Seems like existing mapping used instead of triplanar in such case.

Screenshots.
1. Latest daily - I can change mapping by UVW Xform or UVW map.
2. 03/16 daily - everything works as expected.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27, 19:21:50 by v.p.vlasenko »

2020-04-27, 19:51:35
Reply #216

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys i dont know if anyone else has that issue but in the vfb,  in the lightmix list the last one will reset itself to 1 every time i will reopen the scene. I have the issue in a lot of scenes not in just one scene etc.

2020-04-28, 07:50:43
Reply #217

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys i dont know if anyone else has that issue but in the vfb,  in the lightmix list the last one will reset itself to 1 every time i will reopen the scene. I have the issue in a lot of scenes not in just one scene etc.

Yes, I have noticed this too.  I thought it was just the ‘unassigned’ lightmix but it could just be the last in the list.

2020-04-28, 13:16:37
Reply #218

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Thanks,

Rowan

Sorry guys - my mistake. Didn't find out true problem the first time.

It working but the problem occurs when uvw randomizer plugged into triplanar. Seems like existing mapping used instead of triplanar in such case.

Screenshots.
1. Latest daily - I can change mapping by UVW Xform or UVW map.
2. 03/16 daily - everything works as expected.
Thanks,

We will investigate.

Rowan

(Internal ID=499287672)

EDIT:
I have just tested this and it is already fixed. It will be in the next DB which will be out soon.

Cheers,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-04-28, 13:40:52 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-29, 14:01:38
Reply #219

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
DB 2020-04-16 max 2014
ShadowCatcher blurs backplate picture. Amount of blur depends on distance between camera and ShadowCatcher object. After some test found out that it caused by map filtering. If it's switched off in Max's Bitmap then backplate is not blurred. Solution for CoronaBitmap is to change Blur amount to 0.01

2020-04-29, 14:37:42
Reply #220

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with shadowcatcher, any texture that is mapped on a geometry would act like that.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-04-30, 11:30:16
Reply #221

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, has something changed in the latest daily build regarding displacement and IR ?

The displacement seems NOT to be recalculated if I move the camera around, I have to restart the IR. Previously, moving the camera would make the displacement map to be calculated again.

I have only tried this with Phoenix Ocean Map though, but it wasn't the same in the previous versions.

Thanks!

2020-04-30, 13:21:45
Reply #222

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If you are using screen space for displacement, then things that are out of the view are not displaced (or not displaced with as much fine detail), and moving the camera in IR does not recalculate this. With world space for displacement, everything is displaced equally whether in shot or not. Could be that you had one scene using screen, and another using world, and this is why you saw a difference?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-30, 13:28:27
Reply #223

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you are using screen space for displacement, then things that are out of the view are not displaced (or not displaced with as much fine detail), and moving the camera in IR does not recalculate this. With world space for displacement, everything is displaced equally whether in shot or not. Could be that you had one scene using screen, and another using world, and this is why you saw a difference?

Hi there Tom,

Yes I am using screen space, but I am almost certain that in previous versions moving the camera would make corona recalculate the displacement to fit the new camera view, which would make sense I think? Well it's not big deal, I can switch to world space I guess or just restart the IR

EDIT: HOLY S**T at the new sky. Outstanding!!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-30, 14:12:46 by Flavius »

2020-04-30, 14:20:12
Reply #224

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Howdy! No, moving the camera in IR never caused displacement to be recalculated when set to screen space. Perhaps it's just more obvious in your current scene :) We actually use this to demo how screen space works, by starting IR, then moving the camera elsewhere, to show that displacement is done at increasingly less detail outside the initial view. Of course, it gets recalculated if you adjust the displacement settings though.

Glad you like the new sky model, got to admit it's awesome having been playing with it!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us