Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130481 times)

2020-04-17, 11:35:59
Reply #180

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi guys - i think something is majorly wrong with the wirecolor/mask elements - take a look - very weird behavior?
Thanks, we'll look into this. If you can provide an example scene and steps how to replicate this, please do.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-17, 11:39:22
Reply #181

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i cant unfortunately as my upload speeds take forever - however it was a previous scene using corona 5 hotfix 1 - updated to this daily.  it was working perfectly before

2020-04-17, 11:43:07
Reply #182

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
also tried it on another scene, does the same thing.

2020-04-17, 13:33:24
Reply #183

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, this looks nice!

No PhoenixFD here unfortunately... did we get anything on the max fluids side in regards to motion blur? I'd certainly love to see this.

Not getting an answer probably means 'no', right?

2020-04-17, 13:57:27
Reply #184

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok so i worked it out -  George from your support team advised me that it was some masks propogating to "ALWAYS" on multiple materials.  I definitely didn't do this.  I was using dailies previously  and reverted back to corona 5 hotfix 1 but i know for sure most of the materials set to propogate always was NOT done... so somewhere between installing dailies and reverting back, messed this up.........  So i created a quick script to set selected materials propogation to NEVER (default) see attached - just select objects in your scene and run the script or drag and drop it - i dont know how to make it work on ALL SELECTED materials in scene - can someone help me out here?

EDIT - the script doesnt work correctly......
im not aprogreamme rand just used listener to see what code is written:
meditMaterials[2].renderElementPropagation = 0

can someone tell me how to do this to a SELECTION.  Its obviously looking at material editor slot 2 and setting that to propogate to never - if someone can amend the code to make it to the object selection one could select all in scene and run it...
please help

Hi guys - i think something is majorly wrong with the wirecolor/mask elements - take a look - very weird behavior?
Thanks, we'll look into this. If you can provide an example scene and steps how to replicate this, please do.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-17, 14:25:31 by shortcirkuit »

2020-04-17, 14:05:36
Reply #185

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have reported this but never got a response - if you report this to Autodesk chances are this gets a higher priority.

It is only possible not in our universe.

Now I have discovered another problem with the camera. The geometry disappears when I control the geometry through the camera, for example: selection, movement, and so on.
I selected the geometry, everything in the camera disappeared, I need to move the camera so that everything appears again and so all the time, I have to turn on the perspective.
This problem arises on the second project in a row.

Second problem
There is an old project that sent you a long time ago, it was created in Max 2016. Opened in Max 2020, now every time you cancel the render, it crashes 3ds Max. Corona 5 version, this is not observed.
you're lucky they responded to you. do you have the 3d connexion controller? I have the same camera problem plus it randomly lens incrementally shifts on it's own if you use lens shifting, for over a year. I had to uninstall the 3d connexion drivers and now I have a $1000 brick.

2020-04-17, 16:02:53
Reply #186

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
you're lucky they responded to you. do you have the 3d connexion controller? I have the same camera problem plus it randomly lens incrementally shifts on it's own if you use lens shifting, for over a year. I had to uninstall the 3d connexion drivers and now I have a $1000 brick.

Ya the 3dconnexion one with camera bugs are super frustrating. Same thing here, but here's some good news (next driver update in this month should fix it): https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=39103
I just posted in that thread to hear if it was still on track - things might get pushed due to "the other" corona, but it's nice to know they are working on a fix. Lets just hope it will not be the same time frame as "we are working a vray clipper function in Corona" haha
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2020-04-17, 17:10:18
Reply #187

babaqrana

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Native 3ds max VFB doesn't update anymore until render is finished ( or canceled ).

Are you guys aware of this? Bug?

Thank you!

2020-04-17, 17:16:24
Reply #188

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Ya the 3dconnexion one with camera bugs are super frustrating.

Ohhhyeah. 3Dconnexion drivers... Alpha testing at every release. I can confirm that 10.6.0 works without issues (and that's the exception). What is the reason for using a newer one? Just curious...

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-04-17, 17:47:53
Reply #189

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Native 3ds max VFB doesn't update anymore until render is finished ( or canceled ).

Are you guys aware of this? Bug?

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, we will look into it. Can you just confirm which Max and Corona versions you are using?

For the time being I would suggest to use the Corona VFB :)

Rowan

(Internal ID=495000382)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-17, 18:03:30
Reply #190

babaqrana

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, we will look into it. Can you just confirm which Max and Corona versions you are using?

For the time being I would suggest to use the Corona VFB :)

Rowan
(Internal ID=495000382)

Hi Rowan,

3ds Max 2018 with Corona 6 Daily Build Apr 16 2020

Of course I use Corona VFB, but Connecter generates previews in native VFB, that's how I found out. :)

Thank you!

2020-04-17, 19:10:52
Reply #191

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Haha, i thought it was Connecter's update issue, but apparently not.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-04-17, 19:35:27
Reply #192

babaqrana

• Users
    • View Profile
Haha, i thought it was Connecter's update issue, but apparently not.

You wish :)

I already tested that before posting my issue here.

Works fine in Corona 5, but not in the last two builds of Corona 6 ( not sure about the older ones ).

2020-04-19, 14:54:19
Reply #193

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you're lucky they responded to you. do you have the 3d connexion controller?

Hello!
Yes, I have this device. I would never have guessed that it was because of him. I’ll try to install an older version of the drivers, since I began to notice such a thing after their recent update.
I got a "3DxWare64_v10-6-0_r2972" and I had no complaints at that time!
Thanks for the advice.

2020-04-19, 17:56:35
Reply #194

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there guys.
Already posted this in bug reporting section but everyone is much more active here and this is some major QOL bug:

when I try to plug Corona Multimap into Forest Edge in opacity slot every time i get a crash.

Corona 5 + Max 2016
No need to attach anything. Happens every time even is a new scene without any bitmaps added. You will reproduce it easily.

Would be nice to iron this out before v6 comes out since you address other bugs also.
Thanks!

mod edit: this only happens in older versions of FP, reported here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28904.0
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22, 14:13:54 by maru »